2010 Honda Civic - Honda Cars Parts
Honda Civic is a compact car manufactured by Honda of Japan. The 2010 Honda Civic Sedan offers performance, fuel economy, and a stylish design. Honda Civic 2010 American specification comes in Civic DX, DX-VP, LX, LX-S, EX and Civic EX-L models. Honda Civic 2010 also has a fuel cell/hybrid model that runs on natural gas the Honda Civic GX.
Engine & TransmissionHonda Civic engine is unchanged for 2010. Like the 2009 Civic, it receives power from a 1.8 litre 16-valve SOHC i-VTEC four-cylinder engine with a maximum power of 140hp at 6300rpm. 5-speed manual transmission is a standard feature in all Honda Civic 2010 models. 5-speed automatic transmission is available as an option.
2010 Honda Civic GX is a hybrid that runs on Natural gas and fuel cell technology offering remarkably low emission. Honda Civic GX is powered by a 113hp, 1.8 litre 16-valve SOHC i-VTEC four cylinder engine optimised to run on natural gas.
Driving Safety and controlHonda Civic 2010 has Anti-lock Braking System ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution EBD for smooth driving and safer braking. Brake Assist BA and Vehicle Stability Assist VSA with traction control is standard only in the Honda Civic EX-L. Aside from BA and VSA with traction control most of the other safety features are standard in all Honda Civic model. Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems TPMS provided for all tyres continuously monitors tyre pressure and alert driver before tyre pressure reduces significantly.
Honda Civic features advanced safety airbags like Dual Stage, Dual-Threshold SRS front airbags, Side Curtain airbags, and Front side airbags with Passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System OPDS in all Honda Civic models.
Honda Civic is fitted with 3-point seat belts in all seating positions with Automatic Tensioning System, Adjustable Seat belt anchors, and Seat Belt Reminder for front seats. Other safety features standard in all Honda Civic 2010 models include dual-side impact door beams, immobilizer theft-deterrent system, child latch and anchor, childproof rear door locks.
Driving comfort and convenienceFor driving comfort, Honda Civic is fitted with an Air conditioning and filtration system for all models except for Civic DX. Honda Civic is fitted with AM/FM/CD/mp3/wma audio system and 4-speakers for DX-VP, LX, and LX-S models. Honda Civic EX and EX-L models add a 6-speaker audio system. Honda Civic EX and EX-L trims come with USB audio interface. Honda Civic DX features no audio system.
Honda Civic offers power windows and rear window defogger for all models. Honda Civic EX-L comes with leather trimmed interior, heated front seat, and heated side mirror. Civic EX and EX-L has one touch power moonroof with tilt feature.
Honda Civic has excellent fuel economy with EPA mileage estimates of about 26 miles per gallon mpg city and 34mpg highway for manual transmission and about 25mpg city and 36mpg highway for automatic transmission.
More specifications and features of Honda Civic 2010:
- Digital Odometer and digital trip meters
- Maintenance Minder System
- Outside Temperature indicator
- Electronic Remote Trunk Release with Lock
- Remote Fuel Filler Door Release
- Seating capacity: 5
- 15-inch wheels (Honda Civic DX, DX-VP)
- 16-inch alloy wheels (Honda Civic LX-S, EX, EX-L)
- Multi-reflector Halogen headlamps
- Impact Absorbing body
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering ACE Body
- Security System (missing in DX, DX-VP models)
- Driver and Front Passenger Active Head Restraint
- Drive-by-Wire Throttle System
- Fuel tank capacity: 50 litres
- mp3/Auxillary input jack (missing in Honda Civic DX)
- 2-speed intermittent windshield wiper (missing in EX, EX-L)
- Variable speed intermittent windshield wiper (EX, EX-L)
- Active Noise Cancellation ANC
- Direct Ignition System with Immobiliser
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition and Bluetooth HandsFreeLink (Available as an option for Civic EX, EX-L)
This review is based on Honda Civic 2009 American specification. For more information on Honda, visit worldwide Honda website at world.honda.com
THP Ltd (The Honda Place), Stallion motors and Globe motors are authorised auto dealers for Honda Civic and other Honda cars in Nigeria. Honda models bought from accredited Honda dealers in Nigeria come with three-year warranty and three free services.
Honda Civic Auto financing is available from FirstBank plc (Stallion motors) and Union Bank (Globe Motors). Honda Civic auto finance involves paying 10% down payment and off setting the balance over a 60 months or 48 months period. Contact your bank for Honda auto financing options.
Visit our Honda Authorised distributor page for a list of Honda dealers locations (address and/or phone number) in Nigeria.
Read Reviews of Honda cars:
- Honda Pilot 2010
- Honda Accord 2010
- Honda Insight 2010 Hybrid cars reviews
- Honda Accord 2009 Sedan Reviews
- Honda Pilot 2008 SUV Reviews
- Honda Civic Cars Reviews
- Honda CR-V 2008 SUV Reviews