GISTECH-I Technology Innovation competition win up to $20,000
Do you have innovative ideas that could provide technology solutions to some challenges facing the world today? The Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) initiative competition, also known as the GISTECH-i competition, an initiative of the CRDF Global could be for you.
CRDF Global invites all interested innovators, scientists and entrepreneurs from eligible African countries (Algeria, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros Islands, Dijibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tunisia), Middle East, and South and Central Asia regions to participate in this first-ever multinational technology idea competition.
The GISTECH-I competition are for innovators with technology solutions in areas like information and communication technologies (ICTs), energy, health, agriculture or other related areas. The competition will be in two phases and up to $20,000 grant will be won.
How the GISTECH-I competition worksIf you are interested in the GISTECH-I competition, here is how it works:
- Become a GIST member (the membership is free)
- Upload your video of not more than two minutes describing the idea
- If your video is acceptable it will be uploaded to YouTube for public view & voting
- Get votes on YouTube
- 25 semi-finalists based on Youtube votes will receive individualized coaching and present their ideas at two-day GIST entrepreneurship workshop/award ceremony event in Amman, Jordan (Phase II)
- Be selected for GIST Prize.
GISTECH-I PrizesHere are prizes to be won in the GISTECH-I Technology Innovation competition:
- GISTECH-i First Prize: a $20,000 grant will be awarded to the top applicant
- GISTECH-I 1st Runner-up: a $10,000 grant will be awarded to the top runner-up
- GISTECH-I 2nd runner-ups: four $5,000 grants will be awarded to the next four runner-ups
- GISTECH-I Honorable Mentions: five $2,000 grants will be awarded to the next tier of runner-ups
About CRDFCRDF Global is an independent nonprofit organization that promotes international scientific and technical collaboration through grants, technical resources, and training. CRDF Global vision is to promote peace and prosperity through international science collaboration.
The Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) initiative was established in 2010, with funding from the U.S. Department of State, to spur economic advancement through science and technology-based innovation in countries across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia.
Written with contributions from Ayo Alaran
Important GISTech-I Competition Links
- Apply for the GISTech-I Competition
- Overview of the GISTech-I Competition
- GISTech-I Competition Guidelines
- Join the GIST Network