Electricity Tariff for 2012
From June 1, 2012 a new electricity tariff was introduced in Nigeria. Energy consumers in Nigeria now pay over 60% of what they were paying before June. Also a new monthly fixed charge was introduced with the new tariff. In this page, you will find links to pages with containing information of electricity tariff for different states.
Use this Power Tariff Finder.
The new electricity tariff is not uniform. What you pay depends on where you live. Note also that the new tariff is only valid until May 31, 2013. So, a new electricity tariff will take effect from June 1, 2013.
2012 Electricity Tariff
- Electricity Tariff for Lagos - Ikeja Disco
- Electricity Tariff for Lagos - Eko Disco
- Electricity Tariff for Abuja, Niger, Kogi, and Nassarawa
- Electricity Tariff for South East Nigeria
- Electricity Tariff for Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, and Bayelsa
- Electricity Tariff for Edo, Delta, Ondo, and parts of Ekiti
- Electricity Tariff for Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Kwara and part of Ekiti
- Electricity Tariff for Plateau, Bauchi, Benue and Gombe
- Electricity Tariff for Kano, Jigawa and Katsina
- Electricity Tariff for Kaduna, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara
- Electricity Tariff for Yola, Adamawa, Borno, Taraba and Yobe
Electricity Consumer classes
Here are the different classes of energy consumers in Nigeria under the Multi-Year Tariff Order 2 (MYTO 2).
ResidentialThis class of energy consumers use their premises exclusively as a residence - house, flat, or multi-storeyed house.
R1--Life-Line (50 kWh).
R2--Single and 3-phase.
R3--LV Maximum Demand.
R4--HV Maximum Demand (11/33 KV).
CommercialThis class of energy consumers use their premises for any purpose other than exclusively as a residence or as a factory for manufacturing goods. So if you do not run a factory or use a building as a place of residence, you fall under this category. Examples are offices, cyber cafes, business centres, salons, etc.
C1--Single and 3-phase.
C2--LV Maximum Demand.
C3--HV Maximum Demand (11/33 KV).
This class of energy consumers use their premises for manufacturing goods including welding and ironmongery. Factories and Industries with high energy demand are under this category.
D1--Single and 3-phase.
D2--LV Maximum Demand.
D3--HV maximum Demand (11/33 KV).
SpecialCustomers such as agriculture and agro-allied industries, water boards, religious houses, government and teaching hospitals, government research institutes and educational establishments.
A1--Single and 3 Phase.
A2--LV Maximum Demand.
A3--HV Maximum Demand (11/33 KV).
Street LightingS1--Single and 3-phase 17.
PHCN New Energy/Power Tariff not as it sounds