Efficient Ways to Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook
Many Outlook users at times ask the question whether it is possible to recover emails that are deleted from their Outlook mailbox or not? Well, the answer is yes. You can recover all your deleted emails, whether you have lost them due to emptying the ‘Deleted Items’ folder of your Outlook, or hard deleted them from any Outlook mailbox folder! Below mentioned is the precise explanation of the ways by which, you can recover deleted email from Outlook.
For Exchange Outlook users, who want to recover deleted emails of the ‘Deleted Items’ folder of their Outlook mailbox is ‘Outlook Dumpster’. Outlook dumpster is a place where Exchange Server stores the deleted data of ‘Deleted Items’ folder for a period of time.
This time period is called ‘Retention Period’ and is adjusted by Exchange Administrator. If your emails, which are deleted from ‘Deleted Items’ folder have not crossed their retention period, then you can easily recover them from the dumpster. All you have to do is to follow below mentioned steps:
- Select the ‘Deleted Items’ folder of your MS Outlook mailbox and go to Tools >> Recover Deleted Items
- A window showing all the emails deleted from deleted items folder that have not exceeded their retention period pops up.
- Select the emails, which you want to recover and click ‘Recover Selected Items’. After this all your emails will be back in the ‘Deleted Items’ folder of your Outlook profile.
For recovering these mails, the user has to make small changes in the Registry. However, the user has to be very careful while making any change in the registry as doing something wrong can cause some really adverse affect. So, follow below mentioned steps carefully for making changes in the registry to recover deleted mails:
- First of all close Outlook and all the Outlook windows.
- Go to Start >> Run and type regedit and press OK to open the Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options
- Click Edit - New - DWORD Value
- Then rename the new value to DumpsterAlwaysOn
- Double click this new value and set it to 1
- Close regedit
- Restart Outlook and now ‘Recover Deleted Items’ option is enabled for every folder.
These tools are simple to use and thus, do not require any kind of special training or knowledge of data recovery to understand their working. Additionally, an effective tool doesn’t change the formatting of recovered emails.