The iPhone 6 is one of the two new smartphones from Apple. It is the smaller of the two, though still bigger than its predecessor, the iPhone 5S. iPhone 6 offers the usual high quality build with a new faster processor, iOS 8 as the operating system, improved camera optics as well as NFC with Apple that is set to revolutionise mobile payment.
iPhone 6: What’s New?The iPhone 6 is slightly slimmer at 6.9 mm thickness, which is still slimmer compared to the 7.6 mm thickness of the iPhone 5S. It comes with the usual round edged design with the home button housing the TouchID fingerprint sensor and an anodized aluminum back. However, the sides are now curved rather than flat.
The standard Apple logo is created from stainless steel inlay. iPhone 6 is available in three different colors: silver, gold and space grey. Apple also moved the power button from the top to the side.
iPhone 6 are comes with a new processor, the Apple A8 chip. The A8 is a 64-bit chip like the A7, but promises 50% faster graphics and 25% faster processor, which should make iPhone 6 run more smoothly on iOS 8.
Display & CameraiPhone 6 comes with a bigger display, stepping up from the 4.0-inch screen. It features a 4.7-inch display IPS display, but retains the 326 pixel-per-inch Retina resolution with 750 x 1334 pixels.
iPhone 6 comes with the same 8 megapixels rear camera, but with obvious improvements for better and faster photos. The camera features a dual-LED flash and HDR with 1080p HD video recording. iPhone 6 features a 1.2 megapixels camera with 720p HD recording.
Apple Pay on NFCAside the bigger display the other major talking point of the iPhone 6 is its support of NFC and the incorporation of the Apple Pay mobile payment service, which will enable you make payments at local stores and services with just a tap. Apple Pay is limited to the United States for now with over 220,000 merchants already on board.
You can store Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX cards on your iPhone 6 and easily make payments with a simple tap at local stores without sharing details.
Pricing & AvailabilityiPhone 6 will launch initially in eight countries (United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico, Japan, and Singapore) on September 19, though preorders opened September 12. iPhone 6 will be available in 16GB, 64GB or 128GB models. Price starts at 539 GBP.
We currently have no data on iPhone 6 pricing and availability for Nigeria. When available, iPhone 6 Price in Nigeria is expected to range from N130,000 to N200,000 at launch, depending on your location and built-in storage.
Apple iPhone 6 SpecsHere are a few specs of the Apple iPhone 6:
- Platform: iOS 8
- Processor: 1.4GHz dual-core 64-bit Processor (Apple A8)
- GPU: Hexa-core graphics Processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM ?
- Colours: Gold, Silver, Space Grey
- Dimension: 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 129 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS Display, 750 x 1334 pixels (326ppi)
- Display Protection: Yes (Shatter proof Glass)
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, Dual-LED Flash, 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, Geo-tagging, HDR, Face Detection, Panorama, Slo-mo video
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP Camera, BSI, 720p HD FaceTime Video
- Built-in Storage: 16 GB, 64 GB, or 128 GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes, iCloud
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100MHz (CDMA version)
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes (CDMA version)
- 4G LTE: 700 / 800 / 1700 / 1800 / 2600MHz (not in all models)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: Yes, up to 3.1 Mbps (CDMA version)
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 150Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Pedometer: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (TouchID)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Siri)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: -
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Fingerprint Resistant Coating: Yes (oleophobic coating)
- Mobile Payment: Yes, Apple Pay with NFC (Visa, MasterCard, etc)
- M8 Motion coprocessor: Measures your steps, distance, elevation as well share tasks with the main processor
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: -
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removeable Battery
- Standby time: up to 250 Hours
- Talktime: up to 14 hours
- Music Playback: up to 50 hours