We are looking for writers to be part of the NaijaTechGuide team. Do you love gadgets and technology? Do you follow leading tech blogs trying to keep-up with major technological developments? Do you follow latest tech trends and love writing? If your answer is yes to all these questions, then we may have a job for you.
Here is what we require:
- You must be living in Nigeria (living in the Coal city may be an advantage)
- Deep knowledge of gadgets and technology. If you call Galaxy Tab A an iPad or Apple means only a fruit to you, please don’t apply
- Previous writing experience, be it at a magazine, newspaper, blog or any other site dealing with gadgets or technology
- Ability to churn out interesting and intelligent articles about breaking or latest tech developments in minutes
- Ability to be on top of latest technology news
- Ability to learn about new gadgets and new technology trends quickly
- Objectivity: This job is not for people who think that anything running Android is perfect. Fan boys & girls should keep off
- Ability to Work Alone. This job requires you to be working alone most of the time, probably from your home or wherever you feel comfortable. So ability to manage your time and delivering X hours of posting per day is crucial
- You must have a computer. A computer for the purpose of this job is any device with at least a 10-inch screen, physical QWERTY keyboard, and at least a USB port
- Well Informed about Technology Trends. The ideal applicant should have an idea of all gadgets, tech trends, or software updates expected in the next three months. So, you should be aggressively following tech news. If you have no idea of gadgets that are likely to be launched at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this February or you have never heard of the MWC in your life until now, please do not apply for this job
This is a full time position, so don’t apply if you don’t have the time. Your job will initially involve spotting emerging local and international tech stories and writing coherent newsy articles about them. However, if you prove yourself as valuable, you may also start handling event coverage and reviews with additional earnings.
If you think this is you, send in an application with the subject, “Re: Tech Bloggers” to [email protected]. Include a short resume, relevant experience, schooling, and anything else you think will make you attractive to us.
No Attachments Please, your resume should be typed directly into the email. Applications with attachments will be disqualified.