Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 is an affordable 10.1-inch Android tablet designed to take entertainment of users to a whole new level. In the words of Lenovo, this tablet is designed for “massively hungry media addicts,” with its use of Dolby Atmos technology and high-speed LTE connectivity capability.
Lenovo Tab 2A 10-70 is a compact device, as can easily be deduced from its thickness of just 8.9 millimetres. But the slate cannot be described as very lightweight at 509 grams.
The design of the tablet is to a great extent basic with the use of plastic, which is not really surprising for a device priced at around $ 200. The rear plastic is sturdy and less flexible.
Display and Camera
Sporting a full HD (1920 x 1200 -pixel) screen, the Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 is intended to make viewing experience a delight. The resolution of the 10.1-inch IPS display betters that on the more-expensive Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.
In spite of the fact that most tablet users do not think a camera is a vital feature, Lenovo packed an 8 megapixels rear camera and a 5 megapixels front camera on the Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 all the same.
The slate is powered by a 64-bit quad-core processor from the stable of MediaTek, running at a speed of 1.3GHz. Support is provided to the chip by a generous RAM of 2GB.
Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 runs on Android 4.4 operating system, which Lenovo says will be upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop in June. The supplied battery of 7000 mAh capacity should be able to deliver enough power to keep the tablet running for several hours.
Dolby Atmos Technology
Lenovo Tab 2A 10-70 is designed to give quality sound and viewing experience with its use of Dolby Atmos. This technology is commonly used in cinemas or home theatres to produce surround sound – the feeling that sound is coming from different directions.
Users of this slate are in for superior movie-watching experience. This device is the first 10-inch Android tablet to incorporate the Dolby Atmos 3D Cinema Sound technology, according to Lenovo.
In addition, Lenovo Tab 2 A 10-70 supports super-fast 4G LTE connectivity and dual-band Wi-Fi, amongst other features.
Pricing and availability
Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy from reputable online stores in the country. Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 Price in Nigeria ranges from N20,000 to N30,000, depending on your location in the country.
Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 Tablet:
- Platform: Android 4.4 (KitKat), upgradeable to Android 5.0
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core Processor (MediaTek MT8165)
- GPU: –
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Yellow, White, Red
- Dimension: 171 x 247 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 509 g
- SIM Type: Micro SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 10.1-inch Touch Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (218ppi)
- Display Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, Geo-tagging
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 16GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: Up to 64GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz (3G/4G models)
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes (3G/4G models)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes (LTE models)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: No
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: No
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: No
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Traditional Voice Calls: No
- Active Noise Cancellation: No
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No (download at store)
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 7000 mAh Li-ion Battery (non-removable)
- UseTime: up to 15.5 hours
- Talktime: –