The rugged HP 350 G2 is a reasonably priced laptop for business users and successor to the HP 350 G1. With options of 4th or 5th generation processors, this laptop is designed to deliver solid performance and it comes with the usual connectivity and security features that most business machines from HP usually have.
Build and Screen
HP 350 G2 features a durable design that helps ensure solid protection when carrying the laptop around for work. It is built to be reliable for mobile use and comes with a spill-resistant, island-style keyboard.
At a thickness of around 23mm, the notebook is not the slimmest business laptop we have seen and it is not the thickest either. It is also neither here nor there in terms of weight, starting at 2.3 kg.
HP 350 G2 packs a matte screen with LED backlight and measures 15.6 inches diagonally. The display has an HD resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
Equipped with 4th and 5th generation processors, the HP 350 G2 should be able to deliver decent performance. Options include Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5 and Intel Pentium processors, delivering speeds of up to 2.2GHz (up to 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost) depending on chip configuration.
Standard memory on the laptop is 8GB DDR3, upgradeable up to 16GB. Integrated Intel HD Graphics and an optional AMD Radeon discrete graphics card with up to 2GB of video RAM ensures impressive visual experience.
Other Specs and Features
HP 350 G2 has different operating system choices, including Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 7 Professional (through downgrade rights) and FreeDOS 2.0. Select models of the notebook features HD webcams.
Ports and expansion options include two USB 3.0 ports, a USB 2.0 port, a VGA port, an HDMI port and a multi-format media card reader. HP 350 G2 has essential security features such as a security slot, HP Security Assistant software as well as optional HP fingerprint reader and TPM.
Pricing and availability
HP 350 G2 laptops are available in Nigeria. HP 350 G2 price in Nigeria starts at around N95,500, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
HP 350 G1 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HP 350 G1 Notebook:
- OS: Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, (Windows 7 Pro optional)
- Processor: Intel Core i3, Core i5, Pentium, Celeron Processor
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics or AMD Radeon Graphics
- Memory: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB RAM, up to 8GB RAM
- Colours: Charcoal Black
- Dimension: 38.4 x 26.4 x 2.31 cm
- Weight: 2.3 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 15.6-inch back-lit LED Display, 1366 x 768 pixels, anti-glare
- Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard with numeric keypad (Spill Resistant)
- Pointing Device: Touchpad with multi-touch gestures enabled, taps enabled as default, default on for 2-finger scroll and pinch
- Built-in Storage: 500GB, 750GB, 1TB hard drive
- Optical Storage: DVD Writer (optional)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, HD Webcam
- USB 3.0: Yes, 2 port
- USB 2.0: Yes, 1 ports
- HDMI: Yes, 1 port
- VGA: Yes, 1 port
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes, 1 port
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with 802.11 a optional
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 (optional)
- HP Recovery Manager
- CyberLink Youcam
- Fingerprint Reader (Optional)
- Battery: 4-cell, 41 WHr Li-ion Battery
- Use Time: –