Wraps have finally been taken off the Microsoft Lumia 950 after several weeks of speculations on what to expect from the latest flagship Windows phone. It appears the long wait for the device was well worth it as the Lumia 950 comes with some pretty impressive features, including a Quad HD AMOLED display, robust cameras, infra-red iris scanner, and a hexa-core Qualcomm processor, while also offering the best of Windows experience.
Where to Buy Microsoft Lumia 950
Jumia.com.ng₦129,040.00 Buy Now
Build and Display
In terms of look, Microsoft Lumia 950 is significantly identical to previous high-end Lumia smartphones. It measures 8.25 mm in thickness and 150 grams in weight – clearly outdone in these regards by the iPhone 6S.
However, Microsoft Lumia 950 beats out the latest Apple flagship phone with a bigger 5.2-inch display and a significantly better Quad HD resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels for awesome pixel density of about 564 ppi. The stunning AMOLED display is protected by scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Lumia devices have been known for their camera capabilities; this smartphone continues with the tradition. Microsoft Lumia 950 packs an amazing 20-megapixel ZEISS main camera with f/1.9 aperture, triple LED natural flash and optical image stabilisation for awesome image capturing.
The shooter, which thumps the one on the iPhone 6S, at least on paper, can record stunning 4K videos. Like in the Lumia 950 XL, the Microsoft Lumia 950 offers a 5-megapixel wide-angle camera with Full HD (1080p) video recording capability on the front.
Hardware and Software
Microsoft Lumia 950 will be powered by a heavy-duty Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor, which delivers speeds of up to 1.8 GHz. It is the first Windows phone to use the latest hexa-core processor.
Support is provided to the chip by ample 3 GB of RAM while onboard storage is 32 GB, expandable up to an amazing 2 TB via the microSD slot. Microsoft Lumia 950 boots the latest Window 10 Mobile operating system for the best experience possible on the platform.
Microsoft Lumia 950 also features Windows Hello Beta for an easy and secure unlock of your phone without a PIN code. Just wakeup your phone and look directly at the screen and the infra-red camera automatically authenticates you and unlocks your screen.
You may also be interested in Latest Nokia Phones.
The Windows 10 smartphone has a Continuum feature which enables you to convert it into a PC by connecting a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse via a special accessory called the Display Dock. You can also connect an external monitor to the Microsoft Lumia 950 via the Display Dock.
Microsoft Lumia 950 packs a powerful 3000mAh battery that can reach 50% level in only 30 minutes of charging with USB-C Fast Charging. It has a Glance Screen feature for easier access to information such as date, time and missed calls.
Pricing and availability
Microsoft Lumia 950 is now available in Nigeria. You can now buy the premium Windows 10 smartphone at leading online stores in the country. Microsoft Lumia 950 Price in Nigeria ranges from 130,000 to 180,000 Naira depending on your location in the country.
Microsoft Lumia 950 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Microsoft Lumia 950:
- Platform: Windows Phone 10 Mobile
- Processor: 1.8GHz Hexa-Core Processor (Snapdragon 808)
- GPU: Adreno 418
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White
- Dimension: 145 x 73.2 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby (Single SIM option)
- Display: 5.2-inch AMOLED Touchscreen, 1440 x 2560 pixels (564ppi), ClearBlack Display
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 20 MP Camera, 2160p ultra HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: autofocus, Triple-LED RGB Flash (Natural Flash), PureView Technology, Geo-tagging, Carl Zeiss Optics, 6-lens optics, OIS, Panorama, 1/2.4” sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size, HDR, BIS, Fast Focus
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: Up to 2TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: 30GB free OneDrive
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850, 900, 1900, 2100, 1700/2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes, up to 296 kbps
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21.1 Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 300 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, MIMO, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB 3.1, USB Type C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: SMTP, IMAP4, POP3
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes (with RDSs)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Maps: Yes, Bing Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- SensorCore: Yes
- Windows Hello: Yes (Beta)
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Cortana)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Security: Mobile VPN, on-device Encryption, Remote Lock & Wipe
- Social Apps: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, WhatsApp, Foursquare, Skype, WeChat, Viber, LINE, MySpace, Sina Weibo, Flickr, Picasa, YouTube
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes (Qi)
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes (MS Office Apps)
- Document Editor: Yes (MS Office Apps)
- More Features: Exchangeable Back Cover, Glance Screen, Lumia Beamer, Lumia Storyteller, Play to DLNA app, Nearby Discovery
- Battery: 3000 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Standby Time: up to 288 hours
- Talktime: up to 18 Hours (3G)
- Music Playback: up to 70 Hours
- Video Playback: up to 11 Hours
- Wi-Fi Browsing: up to 9 Hours
- Fast Charging: Yes (Charge to 50% capacity in just 30 minutes)