Cat S60 is a rugged smartphone with a camera unlike any you have ever seen on other devices. The robustly waterproof and military grade device packs an innovative thermal imaging camera, octa-core processing power and Android 6.0.
Jumia Mobile Week 2018 Sale: Jumia is offering amazing deals on Mobile Devices and Mobile Accessories. Up to 60% discount on Mobile Phones with Flash Sale every single day until March 25. Today's Highlight: Fero Power 3 for ₦17,990 at 9 am, Leagoo S8 for ₦29,990 at 3 pm, and Fero Y2 for ₦36,990 at 7 pm.. For latest deals, Click Here.
Where to Buy Cat S60
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers
Cat S60 Key Specs & Features
- 4.7-inch IPS Display, 720 x 1280 pixels (312ppi)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 Octa-core CPU with 3GB RAM
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 32GB built-in Storage, up to 128GB microSD card
- 13MP Rear Camera and 5MP Front Camera
- Thermal Imaging Camera
- 4G LTE Data
- 3400 mAh Li-ion Battery with Fast Charging
Design and Display
For a device having construction workers and other artisans as its main targets, the Cat S60 should not catch someone unawares by its design.
This one is not built to appeal to you with aesthetics and ergonomics; it is more like a war or military material. It features a strengthened die-cast frame and will most likely come out unscathed from a fall of almost six feet.
If your job involves working under water, the Cat S60 is also ready to go with you, being able to survive at 5-meter depth for up to an hour. But you will need to activate a pair of shutters for it to be fully submersible.
The S60 sports a brilliant 4.7-inch HD capacitive touchscreen that responds to both wet fingers and gloves. The screen is protected by tough, scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass 4.
The main selling point of the Cat S60, however, is its 13-megapixel rear camera with dual flash. The FLIR thermal imaging shooter is capable of infrared heat mapping.
Cat S60 is able to detect temperature levels whose existence you can easily miss. This rugged smartphone is the world’s first with integrated thermal camera.
The awesome snapper has many use cases, including seeing in the dark, pinpointing overheating appliances in the home, and spotting heat loss around doors and windows. It can also see through smoke. The camera, which can be used underwater, is supposedly able to detect heat from up to 100 feet away.
Buyers also get a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The FLIR camera app allows users to combine images from the two snappers.
Hardware and Software
As for the other innards, the Cat S60 is driven by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor. With ample 3 GB of RAM provided, this powerful CPU is given enough muscles to deliver awesome performance and impressive multitasking.
Onboard storage is also generous at 32 GB, with this being expandable with a microSD card as well. The phone boots latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system for the best of user experience.
The 4G LTE-enabled Cat S60 has power supplied to it by an impressive 3,800mAh battery.
Pricing and Availability
Cat S60 is not yet available in Nigeria offially, but you can buy the device from an international third party seller on Jumia. When available, you can buy it at leading online stores in the country. Cat S60 Price in Nigeria ranges from 220,000 Naira to 290,000 Naira depending on your location in Nigeria.
Cat S60 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Cat S60 Smartphone:
- Platform: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Processor: Octa-core Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core & 1.2GHz qaud-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 617)
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Black
- Dimension: 147.9 x 73.4 x 12.66 mm
- Weight: 223g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 4.7-inch Touch Display, 720 x 1280 pixels (312 ppi), multi-touch
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 13MP Camera + FLIR Thermal Camera, HD Video [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR, Thermal imaging, heat palettes, spot meter
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: MicroSD up to 128
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) (Global), LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 17(700) (North America)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 150 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: Xvid/MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: Yes, up to 5m for 60 mins with closed lids (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Military Standard: Yes, MIL-SPEC 810G, Shock and Drop, Operating Temp: -25°C (-13°F) to 55°C (131°F), Category 4 vibration
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Battery: Li-Ion 3800 mAh battery (Non-Removable)
- Talktime: up to 30 hours
- Standby Time: up to 1032 hours