The iPad Pro 11 2020 comes in as a more portable version of the 12.9 iPad Pro. It bears the same tablet hardware in a smaller chassis, designed for enthusiasts who desire less bulk. The 4th generation iPad 11 Pro presents the same tablet hardware, with exception to its battery which saw a drop due to chassis size.
Where to Buy iPad Pro 11(2020)
iPad Pro 11 2020 Key Specs & Features
- 11.0-inch Liquid Retina Display, 1668 x 2388 Pixels (265 ppi)
- iPadOS 13.4, upgradable to iPadOS 13.4.1
- Octa-core Apple A12Z Bionic Chip
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB Built-in Storage
- 12MP + 10MP + TOF Triple Rear Camera
- 7MP Front Camera
- Face ID
- Non-Removable Battery (28.65 Wh)
Design and Display
Similar to the 12.9-inch model, the iPad 11 Pro 2020 succeeds its predecessor with very little change in chassis design. Despite being a reminisce from last year, this design still upholds its identity as being modern. This chassis retains an ultra-thin status and round edges.
Upfront on this iPad we have an 11-inch liquid retina display which is based on an IPS LCD panel. This display has a screen resolution of 1668 x 2388, a screen density of 265 PPI, and a 120Hz refresh rate.
On the rear, we have a square camera module that houses dual cameras and a LiDAR sensor. You also the Apple logo which indicates its an Apple iPad and also smart connector at the bottom for connecting to the Keyboard and folio cases.
Potential owners of the iPad Pro 11 2020 aren’t left out of the laptop alternative game. The all-new smart keyboard case is also supported here, which means users can utilize the new hinge, which gives near laptop ergonomics.
The iPad Pro 11 2020 is home to what is regarded as one of the best camera hardware on a Tablet, camera hardware that sets it apart from the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and the Huawei Mate Pad Pro
The rear camera system here comprises of a 12MP primary camera, a 10MP ultrawide camera, and a LiDAR (Light detection and ranging) sensor.
The LiDAR sensor measures distance by illuminating the target with laser light and measuring the reflection. This helps with getting good depth information for portrait photography. This sensor also helps in 3D mapping, which in turn also helps with augmented reality and other 3D based tech
The rear camera setup is capable of shooting videos 4k videos up to 60fps and also 1080p videos up to 240fps. You have also go HDR for photos.
Selfies are manned by a 7MP camera that is capable of shooting 1080p videos in 30 and 60fps. You also get HDR and Panorama for photos.
Hardware and Software
As discussed in the introductory paragraph, the 11-inch model of the iPad pro-2020 carries the same hardware as the 12.9-inch model with exception to the battery. So you should expect very similar performance.
This tablet is power by Apple’s A12Z Bionic chip, 6GB of RAM, and 8-core Apple GPU, storage options ranging from 128GB to 1TB, and a massive non-removable 9720 mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, the iPad Pro 11 2020 runs on the iPad OS 13.4, which is upgradable to the iPadOS 13.4.1.
The iPad Pro 11 2020 a USB Type-C port, Dual-band Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0. Please note that there is no headphone jack here, privately audio listening is done via a USB type-c headphone or a wireless headphone.
Similar to the iPad from the past, the iPad Pro 11 2020 has the WiFi-only version and also the WiFi + Cellular version. Please note that Internet connectivity is capped at 4G LTE for the Cellular version.
iPad Pro 11 2020 Price and Availability
The Price of the iPad Pro 12.9 2020 starts around $799 for the base Wi-Fi-only 128GB model. This price translates to 309,612 Naira, 4,611 Ghana Cedi, and 85,290 Kenyan Shilling.
Prices for the other variants are outlined below:
- Apple iPad Pro 11 — 256GB: $899
- Apple iPad Pro 11 — 512GB: $1,099
- iPad Pro 11 — 1TB: $1,299
Please note that you will be charged an additional $150 to get the cellular model of the variants listed above. For example, the Cellular variant of the iPad Pro 12.9 2020 128GB is $799 + $150 which equals $949.
The iPad Pro 11 2020 was announced on March 18 2020 and is currently available for purchase. It comes in Silver and Space Gray.
iPad Pro 11 2020 Specs
Here are a few specs of the iPad Pro 11 2020:
- Platform: iPadOS 13.4, upgradable to iPadOS 13.4.1
- Processor: Octa-core Apple A12Z Bionic (4×2.5 GHz Vortex + 4×1.6 GHz Tempest)
- GPU: Apple GPU (8-core graphics)
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Silver, Space Gray
- Dimension: 247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm
- Weight: 471 g (Wi-Fi), 473 g (LTE) (1.04 lb)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, eSIM
- SIM Count: –
- Display: 11.0-inch Liquid Retina, 1668 x 2388 pixels, 265 PPI
- Screen Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 10 MP (Ultrawide) f/2.4 + TOF 3D LiDAR scanner (Depth)
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 7 MP, f/2.2, Face detection, HDR, Panorama
- Built-in Storage: –
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71
- 5G: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (3.1)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with Stereo speakers (4 speakers)
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Siri
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po battery (28.65 Wh)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W