The OnePlus Nord CE 5G (a.k.a. OnePlus Nord Core Edition 5G) falls in place as an indication of OnePlus’s provision for a follow-up of its low-budget smartphone line, after the release of the first-gen OnePlus Nord, alongside some sequels. Onboard this device, is a package that isn’t really far-fetched from what we had on the first-gen model. More on that later in the article.
Where to Buy OnePlus Nord CE 5G
OnePlus Nord CE 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.43-inch Fluid AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate (410 PPI)
- Android 11, OxygenOS 188.8.131.52
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm) Processor
- 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Inbuilt Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16MP Dual Front Camera
- 5G Network
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display – Optical)
- Non-Removable 4500 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Fast Charge (30W Capacity)
Design and Display
The design on the OnePlus Nord series has sort of being reminiscent of each other. There so far being a resembling feature in all the smartphones released.
Before you dive into the aesthetic features, please know that the overall build on this device comprises of glass up front, plastic on the rear, and plastic upfront.
Turns out the OnePlus Nord CE 5G also falls in this line, bearing a design language that has so far being a stalemate.
On the rear, we have a setup that reminisces the setup we had on the first-generation Nord. Here we have a vertical array of 3 cameras, instead of four on its predecessor, we also have an LED flash and the OnePlus emblem, which indicates it’s a OnePlus smartphone.
Flipping the OnePlus Nord CE 5G to get a frontal view, we have set up that bears resemblance to OnePlus Nord N10 5G and the Nord N100. It’s basically a display and a punch-hole camera in the top-right position.
However, you should note that there is a difference in display size, the Nord CE 5G display is smaller than both the aforementioned. Here we have a 6.43-inch AMOLED display. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, a density of approx 410 PPI, and a 90Hz Refresh Rate.
Moving on to the colour variants we have on this device. We actually have three colour options and they include Blue Void, Charcoal Ink, and Silver Ray.
Offering top-notch cameras has been OnePlus strongest point since its inception, so much so that they have been regular criticism on their capability in that space. The OnePlus Nord CE 5G doesn’t fix this bad trait, but it does make some improvement over the first Gen Nord.
Despite not have the robust quad-camera system the first-Gen Nord offers, the Nord CE 5G, does feature higher pixels 64MP primary camera as opposed to the 48MP on its predecessor. This 64MP primary camera has an aperture of f/1.8.
The other cameras on the rear include a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.3 and a 119˚ field of view. Video recording on this setup is capped at 4k @ 30fps.
Moving on to the front camera setup pretty much reveals that the camera improvements aren’t an all-rounder.
Here we have a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.5. As opposed to the dual setup on the first-gen Nord having a 32MP primary camera and an 8MP ultrawide camera. However, video recording from the front camera on this device is capped at 1080p @ 60fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G processor, as opposed to the Snapdragon 765G 5G processor on the first-gen Nord.
Also onboard the OnePlus Nord CE 5G, we have Adreno 619 GPU, as opposed to Adreno 620 on the first-gen Nord. The storage and RAM options available here include 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM. We also have a 4500mAh Li-Po battery, along with 30W fast charging support, which is slightly bigger than the 4115 mAh battery on its predecessor.
On the software side, we have the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Oneplus Nord CE features a USB Type-C (2.0) port, a 3.5mm Headphone Jack, WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, and NFC.
Thanks to its 5G support, streaming, uploads, and downloads are capped at 5G speeds. However, you can only tap into this speed where there is 5G reception.
OnePlus Nord CE Pricing and Availability
OnePlus Nord CE 5G price starts at around $299 at leading global online stores. The OnePlus Nord CE costs around 240,000 Naira in Nigeria, 1,830 GHC in Ghana, and about 34,065 KSH in Kenya.
Buyers that desire the 8GB / 128GB variant, will have to pay about $343, while those that desire the maxed out 12GB / 256GB variant will have to pay about $385.
The OnePlus Nord Core Edition 5G was announced on June 10 2021 and was released for purchase on June 11th, 2021.
OnePlus Nord CE 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the OnePlus Nord CE 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, OxygenOS 220.127.116.11
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm) (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB, 12GB
- Colours: Blue Void, Charcoal Ink, Silver Ray
- Dimension: 159.2 x 73.5 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 170 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43 inches, Fluid AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~84.9% screen-to-body ratio, 20:9 Aspec Ratio, ~410 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8, PDAF + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.3, 119˚FOV + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera, f/2.5, HDR, 1080p@30/60fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 190
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS)
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3.4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 39, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, NavIC
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under-display – optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4500mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 30W Fast Charging Capacity