You have plans of buying a mobile phone, don’t you? In this page, you will find a brief review of factors to consider when shopping for mobile phones.
Jumia Mobile Week 2018 Sale: Jumia is offering amazing deals on Mobile Devices and Mobile Accessories. Up to 60% discount on Mobile Phones with Flash Sale every single day until March 25. Today's Highlight: Fero Power 3 for ₦17,990 at 9 am, Leagoo S8 for ₦29,990 at 3 pm, and Fero Y2 for ₦36,990 at 7 pm.. For latest deals, Click Here.
This page is like a quick list of what to consider. For a more detailed mobile phone shopping guide, read our detailed mobile phone buy guide.
Types of Mobile Phones?
There are three types of mobile phones namely
- Basic Phones
- Feature Phones
What Type of Mobile Phone User are you?
- Ordinary User
- Savvy user
- Mobile worker/business user
What Data/Internet Speed & Technology
- 2G: CDMA 1x or GSM GPRS/EDGE up to 200+ kbps
- 3G: CDMA EVDO or WCDMA HSPA up to 7.2Mbps
- pre 4G: LTE, Mobile WiMax, or HSPA+ up to 80 Mbps
What Cellular Technology?
- CDMA EVDO
What Mobile Phone Styles?
- Block/Candybar mobile phones
- Slide Mobile phones
- Flip mobile phones
What is your budget?
The prices of worthy mobile phones starts from 3,000 Naira (20 USD) in Nigeria. Prices of mobile phones depend on a number of factors like number of features, user experience, and design quality. The more features a mobile phone has the more expensive it becomes.
Buy from an authorised shop
Buying your mobile phones from authorised dealers ensures that you buy a genuine mobile phone. You also get a warranty in case anything goes wrong. Mobile phones bought from authorised dealers in Nigeria come with at least one year warranty.
What mobile phone features do you want?
(Colour screen, Size, Screen size, Screen resolution, Camera phone, Bluetooth, Predictive text T9, MMS, Battery life, WAP, Wireless web browser, GPRS, FM Radio, mp3, Games, Ring tones, Multi-bands, WI-FI, memory capacity, Expansion slots, VoIP calls, Streaming media, TV-output port, GPS, Video Recording, USB 2.0, etc.)
Once you have a clear idea of what you want the next step is to go for a market survey. Visit retail shops and see mobile phones on offer. You can also compare prices and read product reviews.
We recommend that you buy your mobile phones, mobile phone accessories and mobile phone enhancements from authorised mobile phone dealers. Accredited dealers will give you a warranty on any mobile phone you buy from them. If you must buy from the roadside then you must be careful, open the product and ensure that the mobile phone is not falsely labeled. Also ensure that all your accessories are complete.
Mobile phone dealers in Nigeria
- Authorised Dealers Nokia mobile phones in Nigeria
- Authorised Dealers Samsung Mobile phones in Nigeria
- Authorised Dealers Motorola mobile phones in Nigeria
- Authorised Dealers LG Mobile phones
- Authorised Dealers Sony Ericsson Mobile phones
- Accredited Dealers of mobile phone in Nigeria
Mobile phones reviews
- Mobile phones shopping guide
- Dual-SIM Phones
- Cheap Nokia Phones Overview
- Cheap Android Phones
- BlackBerry Phones
- iPhone 8
- Best Android Phones
- Infinix Hot 5
- Compare Mobile Phones Prices in Nigeria
- Prices of Mobile Phones in Nigeria
- Best 4G Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- A guide to buying genuine mobile phones
- News about Mobile Devices