HTC One is the new HTC flagship smartphone replacing the HTC One X in the spotlight. HTC One X failed to compete against the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Apple iPhone 5 in 2012. HTC is putting the past behind and starting afresh with the One and looking at the specs and early hands on reviews, HTC One is an impressive smartphone, but it remains to be seen if consumers will be impressed.
Where to Buy HTC One
Jumia.com.ng₦77,100.00 Buy Now
Konga.com₦72,000.00 Buy Now
HTC One features a brilliant 4.7-inch full HD display, a cool camera that sounds like it will be fun to use, and a revamped HTC sense with some new ways of interacting with content and social updates.
HTC’s New Flagship
HTC One features a 1.7GHz quad-core processor with a 2GB RAM and runs Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). The HTC Sense has been revamped with a new feature called BlinkFeed that presents a live stream of your social updates, relevant news and entertainment updates on the homescreen, giving you fast access to your updates.
HTC One supports superfast internet for video streaming and other mobile broadband services. It features HSPA+ with up to 42Mbps with LTE available in some models. It also features Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/h. HTC One comes in an all new aluminium unibody design, giving it a more glamorous look.
Full HD Display
Full HD displays appears to be a key marketing buzz for 2013 smartphones, with a couple of manufacturers already with full HD smartphones in the market. So, it is only natural that HTC One will feature one. It comes with the same size display as the HTC One X, but now more pixel-packed with full HD resolution.
HTC One comes with a brilliant 4.7-inch LCD 3 display with full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) resolution, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
HTC One features what HTC calls an ultrapixel camera. If you are a person that looks at camera in terms of megapixels, you will likely see the camera as a pushover. The HTC One comes with a 4 megapixels BSI sensor and a f/2.0 lens arranged in a way that it picks up 300% more light than current generation smartphones with 13MP, providing brilliant photos and videos. The camera also boasts of improved performance in low light.
The camera can record full HD video and offers HDR, autofocus, and optical image stabilisation. HTC One comes with new feature called Zoe for the camera. With Zoe you can capture up to 20 photos in one shot, which will be presented in form of a short video, bringing those still photos to life.
Pricing & Availability
HTC One is now available in Nigeria at leading Online Stores in Nigeria. The Price of HTC One ranges from N75,000 to N100,000.
HTC One Specs:
- Platform: Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- HTC Sense 5
- Aluminium unibody design
- Colours: Black, White, Red
- Micro SIM
- Processor: 1.7GHz quad-core Processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 600)
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage Capacity: 16GB or 32GB (built-in memory) with no memory card support
- Weight: 143g
- Dimensions: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm
- 4.7-inch Touch Display 1080 x 1920 pixels (468ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Ultrapixel Camera with 4MP BSI Sensor and full HD Video Recording
- LED flash, Autofocus, face detection, geo-tagging, optical image stabilisation, HTC Zoe
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- 2.1MP front facing camera (1080p HD Video)
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass
- Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n with dual-band Wi-Fi, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with AptX
- USB 2.0
- HTC BoomSound: Dual frontal stero speakers with built-in amplifiers
- Beats Audio
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- LTE (available in some countries)
- HSPA+ (up to 42Mbps)
- LTE (up to 100Mbps)
- HTML5 Browser
- IR Blaster for universal remote
- Chat, EMail, & Social Networking
- GPS with A-GPS & GLONASS
- 2300mAH Battery Capacity
- Standby: up to 480 hours
- Talktime: up to 18 hours