Xbox One is Microsoft’s latest generation gaming console. It is the successor to the Xbox 360 and will be competing with the likes of the Sony PS4 and Nintendo Wii U in the battle for supremacy in the gaming and home entertainment segment. Microsoft Xbox One integrates gaming, internet, and TV in one box and offers a seamless transition between the three.
The Next Phase for Xbox
A lot of technological advancements have happened since the Xbox 360 was launched in 2005. Then there was nothing like an iPhone or smartphones and tablet computers.
Fun and power gaming were then restricted to gaming consoles like Xbox, Nintendo Wii, and the Sony PS3 and PSP.
Today gaming on non-traditional gaming devices like smartphones and tablets is growing in popularity, giving traditional gaming consoles like the Xbox and co a run for their money.
Xbox One showcases Microsoft’s new vision for gaming and home entertainment. It integrates some of the latest technological advancements we have seen in the last couple of years like cloud computing, voice recognition with voice control, face recognition, and the latest in gesture technology.
Microsoft designed the Xbox One as an All in One entertainment solution integrating gaming, live TV, video on demand, and web chat with seamless transition between them.
It is aimed at changing the home entertainment experience. With voice recognition and voice control, you can turn on your Xbox One and load your personalised homepage just by saying “Xbox, on”. Voice recognition eliminates need for manual login, saving you some time.
Similarly, saying “Xbox, Game” will switch your Xbox One to game mode, while saying “Xbox, Watch TV” will switch your Xbox One to your TV feed.
To browse the internet, just say “Xbox, Go to Internet Explorer”. Voice control with voice commands and hand gestures like grab and pan will really change the way users interact with their Xbox.
Microsoft Xbox One comes with a new and ultra-sensitive Kinect sensor with more precise tracking of your wrist and shoulder rotation and ability to read user heartbeat for a more thrilling gaming experience and superb multi-player gaming.
The Kinect sensor also features wide-view 1080p HD main camera offering full HD video chat on Skype. Skype will also be supporting group chat exclusively on Xbox One. The Xbox Gamepad also had over 40 design changes according to Microsoft Executives.
Xbox One will also be able to recognise you when you walk into the and automatically log you in.
Microsoft Xbox One will come with more than enough power to support its services. It will run on a powerful 8-core x86 based CPU with over 5 billion transistors, 10 times more than the 500 million transistors in the CPU for the Xbox 360. It features 8GB RAM and an AMD GPU.
Xbox One has a Blu-Ray drive, Wi-Fi 802.11n, USB 3.0, 500GB HDD, and HDMI In/Out. It will be big on cloud computing running on over 300,000 servers.
Users can capture Live game play and share to the cloud. Xbox One will also support multi-tasking allowing users perform multiple tasks like browse the internet or Skype, while watching TV.
Xbox One price in Nigeria ranges from 145,000 Naira to 250,000 Naira depending on your location in the country and bundled games.
Microsoft XBox One Specs
Here are a few specs of the XBox One Gaming Consoles:
- Status: Available, since January, 2014
- Platform: XBox
- Processor: 1.75GHz 8-core x86 64-bit Processor (AMD Jaguar)
- GPU: 1.31 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon Graphics
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Colours: Black, White
- Dimension: 33.3 x 27.4 x 7.9 cm
- Weight: 3.5 kg
- Built-in Storage: 500GB HDD, 1TB HDD
- Optical Storage: Yes, Blu-Ray Player
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Camera: No, but you can Buy Kinect separately
- USB Port: Yes, 3 USB 3.0 ports
- HDMI Port: Yes, 1 HDMI port
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes, 1 port
- Headphone Jack: No (3.5mm audio port on the Controller)
- VGA: No
- Digital Output (Optical): No
- Microphone: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.0
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band
- Voltage: 110 – 220V
- Frequency: 50Hz / 60Hz
- Power Consumption: –
- Name: XBox Wireless Controller
- Available in the Box: Yes, 1 XBox Wireless Controller (Buy additional controllers separately)
- Motion Sensors: –
- Features: D-Pad, Precision Controls, Trigger buttons, Menu and View buttons, 3.5mm Audio Jack
Motion Tracking Device
- Name: Kinect for XBox
- Available in the Box: No (Buy Separately), may come with console in a special bundle
- Gesture/Motion Tracking: Yes, Gesture Tracking
- Camera: Yes, one 1080p HD Camera
- Voice Command: Yes
- Face Recognition: Yes
- More Features: Hand-free Navigation, connect with Skype for 1080p HD Video and Voice chat, broadcast game on Twitch, Cortana
Gaming Related Topic
- Xbox One 1TB
- Xbox One Price in Nigeria
- Sony PS4 Pro
- XBox One X
- XBox One S
- Sony PS4 Slim
- Xbox 360 Price in Nigeria
- Sony PlayStation Vita
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Nintendo Wii Price in Nigeria
- Sony PS3
- Sony PS4 Features
- Game Consoles