Are you an app developer or entrepreneur with some great ideas? iDEA Hackathon 2013 should interest you. This year’s contest challenges you to build innovative apps and games that showcases Nigeria’s vibrant entertainment industry and the rich cultural heritage of the people of Nigeria. Winner of the iDEA Hackaton 2013 gets a cash prize of 450,000 Naira plus other goddies like devices and software.
Below are the details of the iDEA Hackaton 2013 contest and how you can register.
About The Hackathon
- The iDEA Hackathon is a 42-hour app-building contest and will culminate with launch of the iDEA Centre @ Tinapa Knowledge City.
- The purpose of the Hackathon is to give developers, designers, and entrepreneurs the chance to create applications which showcase the vibrancy of Nigeria’s film/entertainment industry and our rich cultural heritage. Developers will be challenged to come up with ideas – form teams – build a prototype of their app – be it mobile, web apps, widgets or games- and present to our Hackathon judges for a chance to win one of 3 prizes.
- Interested participants nation-wide will register via iDEA Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/iDEANig/app_208195102528120
- 50 eligible contestants considered to contest will be notified and invited for the 42-hour Hackathon at TKC
- TOP THREE (3) applications/solutions developed will be awarded with cash prices and devices.
How to Apply
- Interested Contestants in the Hackathon will register via iDEA Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/iDEANig/app_208195102528120
- Eligibility of interested participants will be based on the ability of the participant to answer correctly the assessment conducted during registration.
- The final 50 contestants would be selected after a series of testing.
- NB: Applicants cannot attempt to register more than once.
Prizes on Offer
Mouth watering prizes await the winners of iDEA Hackathon 2013.
CASH – N450,000
CASH – N250,000
CASH – N150,000
Checkout iDEA Hackathon 2013 Rules and Guidelines for details about the competition.