LG G2 is LG’s new flagship and in terms of specs it is the best speced smart phone right now (yes, even the Galaxy S4 is not as endowed). The LG G2 is successor to LG Optimus G. Compared to its predecessor, the LG Optimus G2 features more a more powerful processor, a larger display now with full HD resolution, Android 4.2.2, IR blaster, and bigger battery.
Where to Buy LG Android Phones
Jumia.com.ng from ₦17,000.00 Buy Now
Konga.com from ₦30,000.00 Buy Now
LG’s Latest Superphone
The Optimus G is a powerful phone even though it has been in the market for about year now. Its 1.5GHz quad-core processor can still compete with a lot of newly released Android flagships. However the LG G2 is taking things further with a 2.26GHz quad-core processor of the Snapdragon 800 chip. This makes the LG Optimus G2 potentially the most powerful of all current flagship phones from top brands at least for now.
However, it won’t be coming with the latest Jelly Bean update (Android 4.3); instead LG will be loading Android 4.2.2 with Optimus UI skin on the new smartphone. Android 4.3 will be coming later to the Optimus G2.
Brilliant HD Display & Camera
LG Optimus G2 features a larger display, moving from 4.7-inch to 5.2-inch. The resolution has been upgraded to full HD making it one of the most brilliant displays out there with 424 ppi. The display type is a True HD-IPS+.
LG Optimus G2 features either a 13MP camera. The camera will support full HD 1080p video recording. It also has LED flash and LED video light. You also get all the other bells and whistles on modern camera phones like autofocus, HDR, face detection, optical image stabilisation, geo-tagging, etc. A 2.1MP front facing camera with full HD video is also provided.
Network, Data, and Internet browsing
LG Optimus G2 features highspeed 4G LTE with up to 100Mbps. It also supports highspeed HSPA+ with speeds of up to 42mbps. Outside 3G/4G coverage users will access data services on GPRS and EDGE. LG Optimus G2 accesses wireless LAN networks on Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with DLNA and Wi-Fi Direct and high-speed dual-band Wi-Fi support.
It can also function as a Wi-Fi hotspot, which enables share your fast 3G/4G data with your other wireless devices. LG G2 supports NFC and Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP.
Pricing and availability
LG Optimus G2 is now available in Nigeria. You can buy at leading online stores and phone stores throughout the country. LG Optimus G2 price in Nigeria ranges from N83,000 to N120,000 depending on your location and the built-in storage.
LG Optimus G2 Specs:
Here is a breif specs of the LG G2:
- Platform: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Optimus UI Skin
- Micro SIM
- Processor: 2.26 GHz quad-core Processor, Adreno 330 GPU
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Storage Capacity: 32GB (built-in memory), no memory card support
- Colours White, Black
- Weight: 143g
- Dimensions: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm
- 5.2-inch True HD IPS + Display 1080 x 1920 (424 ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13MP Camera with LED flash and Full HD Video
- Autofocus, face detection, geo-tagging, HDR, Optical Image Stabilisation, Video Stabilization
- 2.1MP front facing camera with Full HD Video
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass
- USB 2.0, USB Host
- USB On-The-Go
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- HSDPA (WCDMA) 900/2100MHz
- 4G LTE (up to 100 Mbps)
- HSPA+ up to 42Mbps
- HTML5 Browser
- IR Blaster for Remote control
- TV Out (via MHL A/V link)
- Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- Document Viewer/Editor
- Photo Viewer/Editor
- GMail, YouTube, Google Talk, and other Google Services
- Chat, EMail, & Social Networking
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Google Maps
- 3000mAH Battery Capacity