Motorola Moto X is an exciting new Android phone from Motorola. It is the first smart phone from Motorola to be fully overseen by Google since it acquired the company in 2011. Motorola Moto X is not the most speced Android phone out there, but focuses on delivering a good experience to most consumers.
Where to Buy Motorola Phones
A Smartphone for Everyone
Motorola Moto X aims at fixing Android and making it easy to use for most users. It runs almost on native Android, but with slight customisation. The Moto X runs Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean). It is powered by Motorola’s X8 Mobile computing system, which consists of a Qualcomm 1.7GHz dual-core Processor, a natural language processor, a quad-core graphics processor, and a contextual computing processor.
The natural language processor powers a feature Motorola calls Touchless control, which enables you, control your phone with your voice without having to touch the phone. Motorola Moto X can learn your voice and take commands from you like call contacts, get sports scores, etc. Even with other people speaking the Moto X will identify the command coming from over a metre away.
Brilliant Display & Camera
Motorola Moto X features a brilliant 4.7-inch AMOLED display with 720p HD resolution. Early reviews say the display is sharp and crisp. On the rear side is a 10 megapixel camera. The camera offers Clear Pixel technology, a feature Motorola claims enables it capture up to 75% more for light for more brilliant photos.
The camera can also record full 1080p HD video. Motorola Moto X has a 2MP front-facing camera, which can also capture full HD video.
Pricing & Availability
For now, Motorola Moto X is focused on the United States and is expected late August in the country. Pricing information has not been released for unlocked models of the Motorola Moto X. We will update this section once the situation changes. However, 16GB locked models of the Moto X will be available at all major US carriers for 199 USD.
Motorola Moto X Brief Specs
Here is a brief specs of the Motorola Moto X:
- Weight: 130 g
- Dimensions: 129.3 x 65.3 x 10.4 mm
- 4.7-inch AMOLED Touch Display (720 x 1280 pixels, 312 ppi)
- Gorilla Corning Glass
- 10MP Camera with Full 1080p HD Video
- Autofocus, LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, Geo-tagging
- 2MP Front-facing Camera with Full HD Video
- Android 4.2.2
- Snapdragon S4 1.7GHz Dual-Core Processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- Nano SIM
- Colours: White or Black for front panel, 18 colour options for the back
- Storage: 16 GB or 32 GB built-in, No memory card support
- 50 GB free Google Drive Storage
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Digital compass, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Barometer, Termometer
- GSM Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- 3G/3.5G (UMTS/HSDPA)
- CDMA & EV-DO
- 4G LTE (up to 100 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 + LE
- Touchless Control: Give Voice Commands to your Phone
- Active Display: See your notifications and time on the locked screen
- Motorola Migrate: Easily migrate all data and files from one Android phone to another
- Motorola Connect: Connect your smartphone to your PC or Mac
- Motorola Assist: Helps you communicate while driving
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube integration
- GPS Navigation with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Google Maps
- Wi-Fi Positioning
- email/push email/IM
- Google Search, Google Talk, YouTube, Picasa, GMail
- Music player (MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB)
- Video player (HD, Mpeg4, WMA, 3GP)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Photo/Video editor
- HTML5 Browser
- Battery capacity: 2200mAh
- Standby: 576 hours (3G)
- Talktime: 13 hours (3G)
For more information on Motorola phones, dealers, stores, sales outlets and shops in Nigeria, visit our Motorola mobile phones stores page.