The new software update that should enable Nokia Asha 501 support WhatsApp is now available. It is possible you have already gotten some notification, but if you have not, Nokia has provided a guide for getting the update now and the Nokia Conversation blog.
Here is the instruction on getting the new software update for Nokia Asha 501 ‘as is’ on Nokia website:
- Go to “settings” then “phone update“.
- Use mobile data to check for the update. Make sure you’re on Wi-Fi to make the process as fast and smooth as possible.
- Press “update” and presto – you will see the download progress, which takes just a few minutes.
- When the update is done, a WhatsApp launcher will appear on your home screen. Press this to download and install the full app.
- Still unsure? Learn more about the SW update here.
Hope this helps you?
You may also be interested in iMessage for PC