LG L Fino was announced by Korean manufacturer LG Electronics near the end of August, 2014 alongside the LG L Bello. Both mid-range smartphones appeared at IFA 2014 in September in an official announcement – around the time that Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Note 4 and Sony unveiled its Xperia Z3. LG L Fino features a 4.5-inch screen and runs on Android 4.4.2 (KitKat).
Where to Buy LG Android Phones
With the LG L Fino, LG wants to shake up the mid-range market, which seems to be the fertile battle ground for manufacturers these days.
LG L Fino features a 4.5-inch, True IPS LCD panel. The “True IPS” label LG uses with its phones is nothing more than the company’s own displays. Still, you’re getting a 4.5-inch display with 480 x 800 pixels resolution with this mid-range phone.
The 800 x 480 pixels resolution (pixel density: 207ppi) isn’t spectacular, but is decent enough for browsing the web and watching movies.
Processor and Memory
LG L Fino features a 1.2GHz, quad-core processor (Snapdragon 200) and comes with 1GB of RAM as well as 4GB of built-in storage with a microSD card slot that provides an additional 32GB of internal storage.
The 4GB of internal storage isn’t the best, but the additional 32GB of built-in storage will work well when it comes to storing documents, videos, and photos. At the same time, we continue to remind you that most apps from Google Play cannot be moved to microSD cards – so it pays to keep your local storage on the LG L Fino available for apps (and move your photos and documents to the microSD card instead).
LG promises 50GB of cloud storage as an offer that’s included with the LG L Fino right out of the box. With such small built-in storage, cloud storage is another exceptional option for storage.
The 1.2GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 200) is acceptable for a mid-end smartphone. LG L Fino should offer a decent performance with the chipset and 1GB of RAM.
LG L Fino has an 8 megapixels camera with autofocus on the back and a 0.3 megapixels front facing camera for your photography moments.
The 8MP camera is a standard back camera these days, so LG’s commitment to an excellent camera on a mid-range device is commendable. The front camera is extremely under par. 0.3 megapixels camera for a smartphone like the LG L Fino is underhelming.
Operating System and Software
The LG L Fino will run Android 4.4.2 KitKat when you take it out of the box for the first time. Of course, this is behind the Android 4.4.3, Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), and Android 5.0 (Lollipop), but updates maybe coming.
LG is also offering some of its own stellar software to the LG L Fino: the Touch and Shoot camera, its Knock Code, Smart Keyboard, Gesture Camera Shot, and Quick Memo, as well as Quick Circle case compatibility.
LG L Fino is available in dual-SIM and single SIM variants with model numbers LG D295 and LG D290N respectively.
Pricing and availability
LG L Fino is not yet available in Nigeria. The LG L Fino is now available in India and costs Rs. 14500, but we don’t have pricing for the L Fino in Nigeria.
However, when available the LG L Fino Price in Nigeria is expected to range between N29,500 to N37,000, depending on your location.
LG L Fino Specs
Here are a few specs of the LG L Fino:
- Platform: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat), LG UI 3.0
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Processor (Snapdragon 200)
- GPU: Adreno 302
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Colours: White, Black, Gold, Red, Green
- Dimension: 127.5 x 67.9 x 11.9 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- SIM Type: Micro SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Optional Single SIM model)
- Display: 4.5-inch IPS Display, 480 x 800 pixels (207 ppi)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, LED Flash, 480p Video
- Rear Camera Features: Geo-tagging, Panaroma
- Front Camera: 0.3MP Camera, VGA Video
- Built-in Storage: 4GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: Up to 32GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: 50GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21.1 Mbps
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol:
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes (with RDS)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: No
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant:
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No (download at store)
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 1900 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Standby time: up to 345 hours
- Talktime: up to 15 hours