The Sienna is a minivan produced by Japanese automobile manufacturer Toyota. It was first introduced in 1997, as a replacement for the first generation Previa. The 2015 model of this vehicle is a bit of a revamp, and continues the Sienna’s tradition for being one of the most popular minivans around. The Toyota Sienna is notable for being one of a very small list minivans to provide all wheel drive options.
Toyota has carefully revised the interior design in this 2015 revamp of the Sienna. The color scheme is an aspect that was changed fairly subtly but it helps shape the overall ambience of the interior of the vehicle, giving it a more sophisticated appeal, a maturity that just wasn’t present in earlier models.
The audio system has also been upgraded, six speakers that will go a long way towards giving the driver an edge decibel wise if the car is filled with noisy kids or anyone similarly noisy.
One of the most immediately apparent advantages to this vehicle’s interior design is the significant amount of space you are provided. There are 8 available seats in the vehicle, and the middle row can be removed in order to provide more space to passengers or if you need to transport anything that won’t fit in the back.
Additionally, all models of the 2015 Toyota Sienna come with a built in 7 inch touch screen interface. This touch screen can be used to access the very useful rear camera, which will definitely make parking in reverse a lot easier, but the usefulness of this device does not end here.
The 2015 Toyota Sienna also comes with smartphone accessibility, and bluetooth connectivity as well, making it a bit of an entertainment hub for your vehicle along with its practical uses.
Premium models of the 2015 Toyota Sienna come equipped with a huge 16 inch LCD screen as well as a DVD player, all of which go towards making this vehicle a veritable entertainment center as well as an excellent mode of transportation.
The 2015 Toyota Sienna comes with 17 and 18 inch wheels, and the first impression you get of this vehicle is that it is large, large enough to afford each one its potential passengers a lot of room to sit in comfort, something that a lot of comparable vehicles fail to do.
The vehicle comes equipped with manually sliding rear doors, and power sliding side doors, and the heat mirrors that come standard with the vehicle are certainly a very useful addition that make the 2015 Toyota Sienna a lot more user friendly and comfortable.
However, apart from a slightly updated grille as well as head and tail lights, the 2015 model of the Toyota Sienna does not look all that different from the previous years models on the outside.
Most of the changes have been made to the vehicle’s interior, which was the aspect of the previous year’s model that was heavily criticised. However, the exterior of this years model goes a long way towards providing a formidable first impression of the vehicle and its attributes.
The safety features of the 2015 Toyota Sienna are nothing short of astounding. The car possesses anti lock disc brakes, as well as traction and stability control, and the car comes equipped with no less than 8 airbags.
Thats an airbag for every single passenger in the vehicle. It’s pretty clear that this vehicle takes the safety of its passengers pretty seriously. The vehicle comes standard equipped with front seat airbags, as well as knee airbags on the drivers side, and full length side curtain airbags to provide the kind of safety that is unparalleled in this class of vehicles.
The 2015 Toyota Sienna also comes equipped with blind spot monitoring, eliminating a once widely accepted danger of driving with one fell swoop, and greatly increasing the safety of its passengers.
The Toyota Sienna’s safety features are given a boost in their credibility by it receiving five out of a possible five stars in government crash tests, as well as the highest possible score of “good” from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
All of these things go to show that the 2015 model of the Toyota Sienna is one of the safest vehicles around, something you should seriously consider when you’re out there looking for a vehicle to buy.
Performance is what the Toyota Sienna does best. After all, it was created to be, essentially, a large box on wheels, it was meant to provide a spacious vehicular transport for a large family, something you buy for its performance, not its looks. The 2015 model of this vehicle continues this proud tradition.
Toyota has, quite wisely, phased out the four cylinder engine that was used in older models. Instead, the Toyota Sienna now comes equipped with a powerful V6 engine, though in some instances this has resulted in a drop in fuel economy.
However, it has been found that the fuel economy problem only occurs in instances when the vehicle is accelerated a bit too aggressively, so this is a problem that can be avoided, though the fact remains that the problem exists.
This vehicle comes equipped with a six speed drive, and you will find that the acceleration is swift and smooth, and the 2015 model of the Toyota Sienna is significantly more agile while turning than its predecessors, thanks to the fact that the suspension has been recalibrated.
All in all, the Toyota Sienna is as solid as it ever was, with Toyota displaying a regard for customer opinions by updating the interior of the vehicle to make it more stylish.
Now, if you buy the 2015 Toyota Sienna, you won’t just get an excellent, efficient, reliable vehicle with enough space for you, your partner, your kids, and with more room to spare, you’ll get a vehicle that has an inbuilt entertainment system, as well as a stylish interior that makes it one of the best vehicles you can buy in its price range.
2015 Toyota Sienna comes in five grades namely the Sienna L, LE, SE, XLE, and Limited. The Sienna L and SE are only available in front wheel drive trims, while the Sienna LE, XLE, and Limited offer both front wheel drive and all wheel drive trims. Sienna SE, XLE, and Limited also offer premium trims with more luxury.
Pricing and availability
The 2015 Toyota Highlander is not yet available in Nigeria, though a few sellers have it for sale. When officially available, you can buy at Toyota Dealer outlets near you. 2015 Toyota Highlander price in Nigeria is expected to range from N6,200,000 to 15,000,000 NGN.
2015 Toyota Sienna Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan:
- Beam Headlights: Projector Beam Halogen Headlights, HID headlights (Integrated Fog light for LE, SE, XLE, or Limited)
- Power Mirrors: Yes (with blind spot warning indicators)
- Power Moonroof: Yes (XLE & Limited trims)
- Power Liftgates: Yes (except for Sienna L) with jam protection
- Dual Power Sliding Side Doors: Yes, adds jam protection for all trims except Sienna L
- Steel Wheels: No
- Alloy Wheels: Yes, 17-inch Wheel (L, LE & XLE), 18-inch Wheel (Limited) 19-inch (SE)
- Privacy Glass: Yes, rear Windows (except L trims)
- Rear spoiler: Yes
- Chrome-tipped exhaust: –
- Grille: Yes
- Roof Rails: Yes (except L Trims)
- Air Conditioning: Yes, 3 Automatic Climate Control
- Media Player: Yes, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback
- Speakers: 4 Speaker System (L trims), 6 Speaker System (LE, SE, XLE trims) 10 JBL Speaker System (Premium trims)
- USB Ports: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, with iPod connectivity
- Voice Recognition: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Display: 7-inch Touchscreen (6.1-inch for the L trims)
- Built-in Display: 16.4-inch LCD (Premium trims)
- Dual View Blu-Ray Disc System: Yes (Premium Trims)
- Backup Camera: Yes
- Satelite Radio: Yes (except for L trims)
- Run Apps: Yes Entune App Suite (Premium trims)
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Yes
- Fabric Seats: Yes (L trims)
- Leather Seats: Yes (Except L trims)
- 60/40 split fold-down: Yes (Stow third row)
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Steering Wheel: Yes Power Steering (Tilt/Telescopic), Leather for SE, XLE, Limited
- Power Doors: Yes
- Power Windows: Yes, with jam protection
- Parking Assist: Yes, front and rear (Premium trims)
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC): Yes
- Traction Control (TRAC): Yes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Yes
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD): Yes
- Brake Assist (BA): Yes
- Smart Stop Technology (SST): Yes
- Airbags: Yes, multiple Airbags
- Seatbelts: Yes, 3-point seatbelt for all seats and LATCH for kids
- Side-impact door beams: Yes
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS): Yes
- Engine Immobilizer: Yes
- Anti-theft System with alarm: Yes (only XLE and Limited trims)
- Engine Type: 3.5-Liter V6 Double Overhead Cam (DOHC) 24-Valve with Dual VVT-i
- Engine Power: 226 hp @ 6200 rpm
- Engine Torque: 245 ib.ft. @ 4700 rpm (V6)
- Ignition System: Electronic with TDI
- Transmission: 6-speed Automatic Transmission
- Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive or All-wheel drive with active torque
- Brakes: Disc Brakes
- Mileage estimates (mpg city/highway/combined): 18/25/21 mpg (FWD), 16/23/19 mpg (AWD)
- Emmission Rating: Yes, Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
- Width: 78.1 Inches
- Length: 200.2 Inches
- Height: 68.9 Inches
- Wheelbase: 119.3 Inches
- Ground Clearance: 6.2 to 6.6 Inches
- Shoulder Room (Front/Middle/Rear): 65.0/64.6/61.1 Inches
- Hip Room (Front/Middle/Rear): 58.6/66.1/50.3 Inches
- Leg Room (Front/Middle/Rear): 40.5/37.6/36.3 Inches
- Head Room (Front/Middle/Rear): 41.0/39.7/38.3 Inches
Weight & Capacity
- Curb Weight: 1984 to 2134 kg
- EPA Passenger Volume (front/second/third row): –
- Cargo Room (behind front/second-row/third-row seats): 4.248/2.466/1.107 cubic-metre
- Fuel Tank: 75.7 Litres
- Seating Capacity: 7 or 8
- Towing Capacity: 1587.5 kg
The above features and specs are based on the US models of the 2015 Totota Sienna and may not be exactly the same as models and trims available in your country.
More About Toyota
- 2015 Toyota Venza
- 2015 Toyota Sienna
- 2015 Toyota Highlander
- 2015 Toyota RAV4
- 2015 Toyota Corolla
- 2015 Toyota Camry
- 2012 Toyota Camry
- Toyota Price in Nigeria
- 2010 Toyota Camry cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Corolla cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Prius hybrid cars Specs
- 2009 Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Camry 2009
- Toyota Camry 2008 Sedan Review