The Venza is a mid sized crossover SUV first unveiled by the Japanese car manufacturer at an auto show in Detroit. The 2015 Toyota Venza comes with front wheel as well as four wheel drive, with 4-cylinder and V6 engines.
The Toyota Venza was widely praised for providing a versatile automotive experience without sacrificing in the style department. Its unique design, halfway between a hatchback and an SUV, gave it an eye catching appeal that was responsible for its initial success.
However, sales began to decline eventually, losing out to competitors as well as Toyota’s own, superior models, leading Toyota to make the decision to halt production of this vehicle. As a result, the 2015 model of the Toyota Venza will be the last new model of this vehicle that will be made.
The 2015 Toyota Venza is a 5 passenger vehicle with two rows of seats. The gear shift has been integrated into the centre stack, and entire interior of the car has plenty of spaces that can be used for the storage of personal items such as cellphones and the like.
The most easily visible, and probably the most useful, addition to the Venza’s interior design is the 6.1 inch touchscreen interface and rear view camera. This gives the car a nice futuristic touch whilst greatly improving the vehicle’s ease of use.
The touchscreen can also be used for entertainment purposes, giving the 2015 Toyota Venza a high class feel. It can be used to connect to the internet and make web searches, all in all being a very useful tool.
However, a major problem with the touchscreen is the virtual buttons. They can be tricky to use, especially if you have larger fingers, and the graphics aren’t exactly high end.
One of the most useful features of the 2015 Toyota Venza is a feature considered endemic to the vehicle’s design, one of the features that made this vehicle such a success in the first place. This feature is the foldable rear passenger seats. At the push of a lever, you can create a large cargo space at the back of your vehicle, one that can allow you to transport significantly sized items.
Additionally, the vehicle comes with a six speaker sound speaker from the get go, and comes with audio and bluetooth connectivity integrated into the vehicles interior design.
As far as usability goes, the 2015 Toyota Venza will probably be perfect for you. However, considering that this is not a cheap vehicle, costing upwards of 25,000 dollars, the interior does not do nearly enough in the looks department.
There is none of the sleekness or elegance that one would expect from a vehicle in this price range, too much hard plastic that makes the interior fine rather than fantastic. In fact, a lot of the trim and fake wood inserts end up looking downright cheap when examined up close.
The 2015 Venza is a 5 door vehicle, and one of the most useful aspects of its exterior design is the low step in height. This makes it a lot more usable for handicapped or elderly passengers, something that you will find very useful.
Additionally, one of the more striking features of the exterior of the vehicle is the sunroof. Though more of a stylistic statement than a useful tool, the sunroof is a bit of a bonus feature that can definitely get you interested.
Apart from the aforementioned features, however, there is nothing really worth noting about the exterior of the 2015 model of the Toyota Venza. As has been mentioned before, its exterior design is a something of a cross between a hatchback and an SUV, a stylish, more compact four wheel drive option.
The safety features of the Toyota Venza are possibly the most consistently highly rated aspects of this vehicle. After crash testing by the government, the 2015 Toyota Venza received a fantastic five out of five stars, something which was further backed up by independent safety testers, all of which goes to show that it thoroughly deserves its status as one of the safest vehicles around.
The safety features included in the 2015 Toyota Venza’s design are anti lock brakes, stability controls and excellent airbag features that include airbags for the front passengers as well as knee airbags for the driver and curtain airbags that are full length, running across the entire sides of the car’s interior.
An example of this vehicles excellent braking technology is the ability to come to a complete stop from 60 miles per hour in 120 feet, shorter than the average distance for comparably sized vehicles.
However, in recent times safety features such as blind spot monitoring have become increasingly common, and these features are noticeably, and surprisingly, absent from the 2015 Venza’s safety design.
For all its safety features and usability, the 2015 Toyota Venza lags behind as far as fuel economy is concerned. The four cylinder engine has nowhere near the power of a V6 engine, but the fuel consumption is more or less comparable, perhaps being very slightly more fuel efficient.
Models with the V6 engine, however, are considerably more fuel efficient when taking into account the power of the engine.
The quality of the drive of the vehicle is quite high. There is very little road or wind noise at high speeds, although the vehicle tends to get quite noisy during hard acceleration.
Additionally, the 2015 Venza tends to get very noisy on coarser surfaces, although this issue is mostly present only in the models that possess four cylinder engines rather than the ones possessing the V6.
Overall, the 2015 model of the Toyota Venza is a solid vehicle that will serve you well. It is safe and reliable, but leaves something to be desired in the looks department. There are other, arguably better midsized crossovers available at similar prices, but the 2015 Toyota Venza is a fine vehicle nonetheless.
The 2015 Toyota Venza is available in LE, XLE, and Limited trims. The LE trims offer only four cylinder engines in front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. The XLE trims offer four cylinder engine or more powerful V6 engine, both available either in front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. The 2015 Toyota Venze Limited offer only the V6 engine and is available only in all-wheel drive.
Pricing and availability
The 2015 Toyota Venza is not yet available in Nigeria, though a few sellers may have it. When officially available, you can buy at Toyota Dealer outlets near you. 2015 Toyota Venza price in Nigeria is expected to range from N6,000,000 to 15,000,000 NGN, depending on the trim.
2015 Toyota Venza Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 Toyota Venza Crossover SUV:
- Beam Headlights: Projector Beam Headlights with fog lights, Limited models add High Intensity Discharge
- Power Mirrors: Yes, Venza XLE & Limited adds Blind Spot with turn signal indicators
- Power Moonroof: Yes (for Limited trims), optional for the XLE trim
- Power Liftgates: Yes (except for the LE trim) with jam protection
- Steel Wheels: No
- Alloy Wheels: Yes, 19-inch Wheel (LE & XLE trims), 20-inch Wheel (Limited and XLE V6 trims)
- HSEA Glass: Yes
- Rear spoiler: Yes
- Chrome-tipped exhaust: Yes, (two exuasts for V6 models)
- Grille: –
- Air Conditioning: Yes, Automatic Climate Control, with Air Filter
- Media Player: Yes, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback
- Speakers: 6 Speaker System, 13 JBL Speaker System optional for Limited trims
- USB Ports: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, with iPod connectivity
- Voice Recognition: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Display: 6.1-inch Touchscreen (Slit Screen feature added for XLE & Limited trims)
- Backup Camera: Yes (with projected path)
- Satelite Radio: Yes
- Run Apps: Yes Entune App Suite (except for LE)
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Yes
- Fabric Seats: Yes (LE)
- Leather Seats: Yes (XLE and Limited)
- 60/40 split fold-down: Yes
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Steering Wheel: Yes Power Steering (Tilt/Telescopic), Limited and XLE are Leather trimmed
- Power Doors: Yes
- Modes: N/A
- Power Windows: Yes, with jam protection
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC): Yes
- Traction Control (TRAC): Yes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Yes
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD): Yes
- Brake Assist (BA): Yes
- Smart Stop Technology (SST): Yes
- Airbags: Yes, 7 Airbags
- Seatbelts: Yes, 3-point seatbelt for all seats and LATCH for kids
- Side-impact door beams: Yes (energy absorbing crumple zone)
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS): Yes
- Engine Immobilizer: Yes
- Anti-theft System with alarm: Yes (except for LE trims)
- Engine Type: 2.7-Litre 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Dual VVT-i, 3.5-Litre V6 DOHC 24-Valve with Dual VVT-i
- Engine Power: 181 hp @ 5800 rpm or 268 hp @ 6200 rpm (V6)
- Engine Torque: 182 lb.-ft. @ 4200 rpm or 246 ib.-ft. @ 4700 rpm
- Ignition System: Electronic with TDI
- Transmission: 6-speed Automatic Transmission
- Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive or Dynamic touque control 4-wheel drive
- Brakes: Disc Brakes
- Mileage estimates (mpg city/highway/combined): 24/31/26 mpg (FWD) 22/29/25 mpg (AWD)
- Emmission Rating: Yes, Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
- Width: 75.0 Inches
- Length: 189.0 Inches
- Height: 63.4 Inches
- Wheelbase: 109.3 Inches
- Ground Clearance: 8.1 Inches
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 60.0/59.0 Inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 56.0/56.5 Inches
- Leg Room (Front/Rear): 40.2/39.1 Inches
- Head Room (Front/Rear): 39.6/39.3 Inches
Weight & Capacity
- Curb Weight: 1705 to 1834 kg
- Cargo Room (with/without rear seat folded): 70.2/36.2 cu.ft 1.988/1.025 cubic-metre
- Fuel Tank: 67.0 Litres
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Towing Capacity: 453 to 1587 kg (depending on models & trims)
The above features and specs are based on the US models of the 2015 Totota Venza and may not be exactly the same as models and trims available in your country.
More About Toyota
- 2015 Toyota Venza
- 2015 Toyota Sienna
- 2015 Toyota Highlander
- 2015 Toyota RAV4
- 2015 Toyota Corolla
- 2015 Toyota Camry
- 2012 Toyota Camry
- Toyota Price in Nigeria
- 2010 Toyota Camry cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Corolla cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Prius hybrid cars Specs
- 2009 Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Camry 2009
- Toyota Camry 2008 Sedan Review