The redesigned HP Pavilion 15 is an affordable and improved offering especially for students in search of laptop to use in school. The 15-inch notebook flaunts an attractive look, while also promising stunning performance with state-of-the-art processors.
HP Pavilion 15 sports a cool unibody design which boosts its quality and reliability appeals. The well-built chassis is made of polycarbonate material. While the design makes it look rather slimmer, the notebook is not as thin as it might appear.
HP Pavilion 15 is not slim enough to be classed an ultrabook because of its built-in optical DVD drive, which most ultrabooks lack. The laptop’s design also features a matte aluminium finish on the keyboard deck.
The full-sized keyboard of the HP notebook has optional backlight for a more enjoyable typing in dark conditions. This notebook also comes with a number pad.
As its name suggests, HP Pavilion 15 is fitted with a 15-inch display, which comes in both touchscreen and non-touchscreen options. Depending on the model you will be buying, the screen has an HD or Full-HD resolution.
The display has anti-glare quality, which means that students and other consumers will be able to use the computer in an outdoor environment with relative ease.
HP says buyers will be able to choose between fifth-generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processors and sixth-generation AMD A-Series chips. A chosen processor can be backed by system memory with capacity of up to 16GB.
The HP Pavilion 15 comes with optional discrete graphics processor and consumers will be able to choose between NVIDIA and AMD Radeon graphics card for the first time.
Select models of HP Pavilion 15 come with up to 2 TB of storage space. The notebook is fitted with a long-lasting battery that can deliver up to seven and half hours of use when properly tuned. B&O Play audio software pumps out quality sound through the dual speakers on the notebook.
HP Pavilion 15 will be available the same time as the new Pavilion 14 from May 13.
Pricing and availability
HP Pavilion 15 laptops are not yet available in Nigeria. HP Pavilion 15 price in Nigeria is expected to start at around N110,000, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
HP Pavilion 15 Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 HP Pavilion 15 Notebook:
- OS: Windows 8.1 64 or Windows 8.1 Pro 64 (Windows downgrade optional)
- Processor: 5th Gen Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 Processors (Broadwell) or 6th Gen AMD A-Series
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon Discrete Graphics
- Memory: 4GB, 8GB RAM, up to 16GB RAM
- Colours: Silver, Sunset Red, Blizzard White, Twinkle Black
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 15.6-inch Touch or Non-Touch Display, (1366 x 768 pixels or 1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard (with optional backlit)
- Pointing Device: Touchpad
- Fingerprint Reader: –
- Built-in Storage: 500GB, 750GB, 1TB, 1.5TB, 2TB hard drive
- Optical Storage: DVD burner (Blu-ray player as an option)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, HD Webcam
- USB 3.0: Yes, 3 port
- USB 2.0: –
- HDMI: Yes, 1 port
- VGA: Yes, 1 port
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes, 1 port
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes (Dual Microphone)
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 (optional)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- Bang & Olufsen Sound
- Battery: Li-ion Battery
- Use Time: up to 7 hours, 30 minutes