HP Stream 11 Pro is a consumer machine intended for users in the education sector, especially students. It is a lightweight 11-inch laptop with an Intel Celeron chip that combines the benefits of both Windows platform and the Cloud. One of the things that make this HP Stream 11 Pro a device to take notice of is its very affordable price.
This small notebook is indeed designed for classroom use and you can easily tell from the way it looks. The HP Stream 11 Pro is lightweight for its price at a weight of less than 1.3 kg and thickness of less than 20 mm.
HP Stream 11 Pro boasts a solid design and is of acceptable build quality. The computer packs in an 11.6-inch WLED screen with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
Power and Performance
HP Stream 11 Pro is equipped with an Intel Celeron N2840 (Bay Trail) processor running at a speed of 2.16GHz (2.58GHz) which should deliver performance that is responsive enough.
The chip is backed up by 2GB of DDR3L RAM, with graphics handled by an Intel HD Graphics. The computer comes with a 3-cell battery that HP claims should support about eight hours of use, which is just enough to last a full day at school.
It runs on the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 Pro operating system.
With an eMMC chip used for storage, HP Stream 11 Pro is provided with just 32GB of onboard storage space. This means users will have to make do with cloud storage space on OneDrive to complement the small integrated storage memory.
Office 365 and other web-based applications are also provided on the laptop. Security is solidified on the HP Stream 11 Pro through the use of a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 security chip.
Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11n are among the networking and connectivity options on the affordable laptop. The presence of Windows Intune and Active Directory should make it easier for schools to switch make an easy switch to HP Stream 11 Pro.
Pricing and availability
HP Stream 11 Pro laptop is not yet available in Nigeria. HP Stream 11 Pro price in Nigeria is expected to start at around N50,000, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
HP Stream 11 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the HP Stream 11 Pro Notebook:
- OS: Windows 8.1 Pro for Education, Windows 8.1 with Bing
- Processor: Intel Celeron dual-core Processor
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics
- Memory: 2GB RAM (Cannot be Upgraded)
- Colours: Grey
- Dimension: 30 x 20.57 x 1.97 cm
- Weight: 1.28 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 11.6-inch WLED Display, 1366 x 768 pixels (anti-glare)
- Keyboard: 97% of full size island-style keyboard
- Pointing Device: Touchpad with multi-touch gestures enabled, default on for 2-finger scroll, pinch, rotate, 2-finger click, 3-finger flick, taps enabled as default
- Built-in Storage: 32GB solid state drive
- Optical Storage: Optional (External DVD)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, HD Webcam
- USB 3.0: Yes, 1 port
- USB 2.0: Yes, 1 ports
- HDMI: Yes, 1 port
- DisplayPort: No
- VGA: Yes, No
- Ethernet (RJ-45): No
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
- Mobile Broadband: No
- TPM 1.2 Embedded Security Chip
- Battery: 3-cell, 37 WHr Li-Po Battery
- Use Time: up to 8 hours