The HP ZBook 15 is a mobile workstation that is designed to keep business people and corporate professionals productive, even while on the go or in the field. It features a sleek and impressive design while also cramming in a powerful processor for top-notch performance and promising superb graphics at the same time.
Design and Screen
With a dimension of 38.15 x 25.7 x 3.05 cm, HP ZBook 15 is not the most portable laptop around. Although designated a mobile workstation, this machine does not look like one you want to be carrying around every so often, unless you are trying to build some muscles, considering its starting weight of 2.82 kg.
However, it still looks elegant for a business laptop. Brushed aluminium and magnesium feature conspicuously in the design of the HP ZBook 15, whose keyboard also sports full aluminium deck and special drain to keep liquid away from internal components.
The 15.6-inch display has a superb resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The HP DreamColor panel with RGB backlighting makes for an awesome screen by combining wide viewing angles with great colour reproduction.
HP ZBook 15 is designed to be a top performer judging from the way it is set out. It is equipped with a powerful, quad-core Intel Core i7 processor chip with vPro management technology – which means users are in for a very responsive performance. Dual-core Intel Core i5 and Core i7 procesors are provided in some configurations of the HP ZBook 15.
Multitasking is made a breeze with the provision of a generous 8GB or 16GB of RAM with support for up to 32GB of RAM. Workstation-grade graphics should be expected from this machine, considering the presence of NVIDIA Quatro discrete graphics processor with 2GB of VRAM – coupled with integrated Intel HD Graphics.
Highly demanding programs will most certainly run seamlessly on this workstation. HP ZBook 15 has Independent Software Vendor (ISV) certification, indicating its ability to handle a good number of demanding engineering programs.
HP ZBook 15 runs on Windows 7 Professional as a result of observed business users’ preference for the operating system, but there is an option for Windows 8 Pro. It comes with a 500GB, 7200rpm hard drive supported by 32GB of flash memory – a 750GB hard drive option is also available.
HP ZBook 15 has an optical, Blu-ray or DVD drive, though some models may not offer any optical storage.
Pricing and availability
HP ZBook 15 workstations are available in Nigeria. HP ZBook 15 price in Nigeria starts at around N300,000, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
HP ZBook 15 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation:
- OS: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, (Windows 7 Pro optional)
- Processor: Intel Core i5, Core i7 Processor (quad-core or dual-core)
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics
- Memory: 8GB, 16GB RAM, up to 16GB or 32GB RAM
- Colours: Black
- Dimension: 38.15 x 25.7 x 3.05 cm
- Weight: 2.82 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 15.6-inch back-lit LED Display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, anti-glare
- Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard (Spill Resistance)
- Pointing Device: Touchpad with on/off button, two-way scroll, gestures, three pick buttons; Pointstick with three additional pointstick buttons; Image sensor touchpad
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 500GB SDD or 320GB, 500GB, 750GB, 1TB hard drive
- Optical Storage: Blu-Ray or DVD Drive
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, HD Webcam (optional)
- USB 3.0: Yes, 3 ports
- USB 2.0: Yes, 1 port
- HDMI: No
- DisplayPort: Yes, 1 Port
- VGA: Yes, 1 port
- Thunderbolt: Yes, 1 port
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes, 1 port
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 (optional)
- GPS: Yes
- Secondary Battery Connector: Yes
- Docking Connector: Yes
- Mobile Broadband: Yes, 4G LTE/HSPA+
- HP Client Security
- HP Fingerprint Sensor
- Integrated Smart Card Reader
- Enhanced Pre-Boot Security (multiuser/multifactor)
- HP Connected Photo
- CyberLink Power DVD (optional)
- Battery: 8-cell, 83 WHr Li-ion Battery
- Use Time: up to 6 hours