HP ZBook 17 G2 is a business laptop specially targeted at small and medium business users. This enormous mobile workstation packs superb processing power and top-notch graphics rendering to enhance seamless productivity on the go.
Design and Screen
This behemoth of a laptop is an upgrade to the rugged and efficient HP ZBook 17 mobile workstation, so we have a similar build quality here. The HP ZBook 17 G2 flaunts a nice combination of plastic and aluminium in its design. The chassis is made of dark grey plastic accentuated by aluminium, which is also used for the keyboard area.
Forget the fact this is described as a mobile workstation; it weighs a massive weight of around 3.4 kg. However, the laptop is designed in such a way that most of its weight is pushed toward its backside.
HP ZBook 17 G2 packs a 17.3-inch matte screen with optional DreamColor technology and display resolution ranging from 1600 x 900 pixels to 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD).
Performance and Specifications
The HP ZBook 17 G2 is kitted to deliver lightning fast performance with the supplied dual-core or quad-core Intel Core i5 or Core i7 processor running at speeds of up to 3.3GHz. The chip is supported by standard DDR3L RAM of 4GB, with options of up to 32GB RAM available.
Depending on model, graphics are processed by either an NVIDIA Quadro or an AMD FirePro graphics adapter.
Storage configurations also differ and the available options include 500GB, 750GB and 1TB 7200rpm hard drive as well as diverse SATA-3 SSD offerings. HP ZBook 17 G2 comes, which runs on Windows 7 Professional out of the box with option of Windows 8.1 Pro, features an HD webcam and optional fingerprint scanner.
HP ZBook 17 G2 supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2×2). Port options include four USB ports (including three USB 3.0 ports), a Thunderbolt 2 port, a VGA port and a docking station port as well as one secondary battery connector and a Smartcard reader.
Pricing and availability
HP ZBook 17 G2 mobile workstations are not yet available in Nigeria. HP ZBook 17 price in Nigeria is expected to start at around N300,000, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
HP ZBook 17 G2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HP ZBook 17 G2 Mobile Workstation:
- OS: Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, (Windows 7 Pro optional)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or Core i7 Processor (quad-core or dual-core)
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA Quadro Graphics (with 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB dedicated GDDR5 RAM)
- Memory: 8GB, 16GB RAM, up to 16GB or 32GB RAM
- Colours: Black
- Dimension: 41.6 x 27.2 x 3.4 cm
- Weight: 3.41 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 17.3-inch back-lit LED Display, 1920 x 1080 pixels or 1600 x 900 pixels, anti-glare
- Keyboard: Full-sized Backlit keyboard
- Pointing Device: Touchpad with on/off button, two-way scroll, gestures, three pick buttons; Pointstick with three additional pointstick buttons; Image sensor touchpad
- Built-in Storage: 128GB to 512GB SDD or 320GB to 1TB hard drive
- Optical Storage: Blu-Ray or DVD Drive
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, HD Webcam (optional)
- USB 3.0: Yes, 3 ports
- USB 2.0: Yes, 1 port
- HDMI: No
- DisplayPort: Yes, 1 Port (version 1.2)
- VGA: Yes, 1 port
- Thunderbolt: Yes, 1 port (version 2)
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes, 1 port
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 (optional)
- GPS: Yes
- Secondary Battery Connector: Yes
- Docking Connector: Yes
- Mobile Broadband: Yes, 4G LTE/HSPA+
- HP Client Security
- HP Fingerprint Sensor
- Integrated Smart Card Reader
- Enhanced Pre-Boot Security (multiuser/multifactor)
- HP Recovery Manager
- HP Connected Photo
- CyberLink Power DVD (optional)
- Battery: 8-cell, 83 WHr or HP Long Life 8 Cell, 75 WHr Li-ion Battery
- Use Time: –