The 2015 edition of the Dell XPS 13 released earlier in the year has been refreshed for more powerful performance – just like the new XPS 15 also was. The upgraded ultrabook offers latest Skylake processors, more memory, more storage space and Thunderbolt 3 support.
Design and Display
The stylish and portable design that XPS laptops are known for is retained here. The svelte ultrabook, which is 9 to 15mm thick, shows off a chassis made of aluminium and carbon fibre. It remains light as ever at less than 3 pounds, or 1.3 kg.
Dell XPS 13 sports the same 13.3-inch InfinityEdge display with almost zero bezels, making the laptop look rather smaller than its actual size. The standard display is non-touch and has a Full HD (1080p) resolution, while higher-end offerings come with stunning UltraSharp Quad HD (3200 x 1800 pixels) touchscreen.
Under the hood is where the latest Dell XPS 13 really differs from the version released earlier in the year. It is now powered by latest sixth-generation Intel Core processors, codenamed Skylake.
You can get a unit with up to Core i7 and 16 GB of RAM. The minimum processing speed you can expect from these strong CPUs is 2.3 GHz. Newer Intel HD Graphics 520 sees to graphics processing.
Other Specs and Features
The capacity of the zippy solid-state drive provided for storage has been bumped to a massive 1 TB. The refreshed Dell XPS 13 will expectedly run on the latest Microsoft operating system, Windows 10. It features an HD (720p) webcam for video conferencing or chats. The battery life of the ultrabook has been boosted, with Dell promising up to an amazing 18 hours on a charge.
The XPS 13 now supports Thunderbolt 3, which uses similar USB Type-C port as the dizzying-fast USB 3.1 technology. The super-slim laptop also features two speedy USB 3.0 ports, a Noble lock, a headphone jack and an SD card reader.
Pricing and availability
Late 2015 Dell XPS 13 Ultrabooks are not yet available in Nigeria. HP XPS 13 price in Nigeria is expected to start at around N250,000, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
HP XPS 13 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook:
- OS: Windows 10 or other
- Processor: 6th Generation Intel Core i5, or Core i7 Processor
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics
- Memory: up to 16GB RAM
- Colours: Silver
- Dimension: XX x XX x 9 – 15 mm
- Weight: 1.3 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 13.3-inch back-lit LED Display, 1920 x 1080 pixels (non-touch) or 3840 x 2160 pixels (4k Touch), anti-glare
- Keyboard: Full-sized back-lit Chiclet keyboard
- Pointing Device: Glass integrated button touchpad
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 500GB, 750GB, 1TB SSD
- Optical Storage: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, HD Webcam
- USB 3.0: Yes, USB 3.1, USB Type C
- USB 2.0: –
- HDMI: Yes, 1 Port
- DisplayPort: Yes, 1 Port
- VGA: No, but USB 3.0 to VGA adapter available
- Thunderbolt: Yes (via USB Type C)
- Ethernet (RJ-45): No, but USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: Yes
- Edge to Edge Display
- Battery: 52 WHr or 56 WHr Battery
- Use Time: up to 10 hours or up to 17 hours