The Pro 5 may be considered as an effort by the Chinese phone maker Meizu to build on whatever credibility it was able to gain in the Western world with its MX5 smartphone. This impressive device, which looks to rival the likes of Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S6 and LG G4, at least on price, brings along a massive Full HD display, robust cameras, an octa-core processor, ample memory and fingerprint scanner.
Jumia Mobile Week 2018 Sale: Jumia is offering amazing deals on Mobile Devices and Mobile Accessories. Up to 60% discount on Mobile Phones with Flash Sale every single day until March 25. Today's Highlight: Fero Power 3 for ₦17,990 at 9 am, Leagoo S8 for ₦29,990 at 3 pm, and Fero Y2 for ₦36,990 at 7 pm.. For latest deals, Click Here.
Some may mistake the Meizu Pro 5 as a large iPhone from a distance, but it does have it peculiarity in some way. The design is nothing gaudy; it is practical.
It parades a chassis made mostly of polished metal and comes with a gold, silver or grey finish. For a device this big, it is somewhat thin at 7.5 millimetres, and a weight of 168 grams is manageable. The phablet should be comfortable to handle judging by its dimension.
Display and Camera
The Meizu Pro 5 is fitted with a 5.7-inch AMOLED capacitive touch display with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, making this a great device for watching movies.
The screen is overlaid with rugged Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for extra protection.
It is impressive to find a 21-megapixel primary camera with dual tone LED flash as well as phase detection and laser autofocus on this one. That robust unit can shoot 2K (2160p) videos at 30 frames per second. It is paired with a 5-megapixel selfie camera that looks ready to deliver spectacular shots.
Power and Performance
The phablet is powered by a 2.1GHz octa-core Exynos 7420 processor from Samsung – the same powerful CPU that runs the show on the flagship Galaxy S6. The 64-bit chip is paired with ample 3GB or 4 GB of RAM for smooth multitasking and awesome gaming experience.
Lightning-fast UFS 2.0 flash storage of either 32 GB or 64 GB contributes to fluid performance. The Meizu Pro 5 runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system, which has the Chinese company’s Flyme 5.0 skin on top.
The handset comes with a non-removable 3050mAh Li-Ion battery. It has a fingerprint scanner embedded in its home button.
The dual-SIM Meizu Pro 5 features the latest USB Type-C port standard which delivers fast charging and allows you to insert a cable regardless of which side is up. It supports 4G LTE connectivity.
Pricing and Availability
Meizu Pro 5 is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy it at leading online stores in the country. Meizu Pro 5 Price in Nigeria is expected to range from N100,000 to N130,000 depending on your location in Nigeria.
Meizu Pro 5 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Meizu Pro 5 Phablet:
- Platform: Android 5.1 (Lollipop), Flyme 5.0
- Processor: Octa-core Processor, 1.5 quad-core & 2.1GHz quad-core (Exynos 7420)
- GPU: Mali-T760MP8
- Memory: 3GB RAM or 4GB RAM
- Colours: Gray, Gold, Silver, Black/Silver
- Dimension: 156.7 x 78 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 168 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM, Dual-Standby
- Display: 5.7-inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (386 ppi)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 21MP Camera, 2160p ultra HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Phase Detection & Laser Autofocus, dual-LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB or 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 128GB (uses SIM2 slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 500 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/eAAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Battery: 3050 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –