Microsoft Lumia 650 is a soon-to-released Windows 10 Mobile smartphone which, according to some sources, will be the last to be offered in the Redmond, Washington-based company’s Lumia range (as we await the Surface range). This affordable, productivity-focused smartphone features a premium-looking design, an HD OLED display and, of course, the latest Windows 10 Mobile OS.
Where to Buy LG Android Phones
Design and Display
In a way, one may be right in saying that the Microsoft Lumia 650 is more like what the Lumia 950 and its XL variant should have looked like.
Although the rear is made of plastic, the phone features a more premium design with a diamond-cut, anodized aluminium frame. It has a matte finish to make it comfortable to handle. The Lumia 650 shows off an attractively svelte profile at just 6.9 millimetres, while weighing only 122 grams.
Microsoft Lumia 650 sports a 5-inch touch display with an HD resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels. The OLED screen promises great colours and deeper blacks for enjoyable viewing.
Camera and Storage
Microsoft Lumia 650 packs a decent pair of cameras that will suffice for the needs of most business users. On the rear, you will find an 8-megapixel shooter, which the phone’s maker says offers ‘rich capture and living images’ capability.
You also get a 5-megapixel snapper on the front for video calls and wide-angle selfies, if you are into that. Onboard storage of 16GB capacity provides ample room for files and images.
You will also be able to include additional storage of up to 200 GB using a microSD card.
Performance, OS and Other Features
Under the hood, the Microsoft Lumia 650 packs a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 processor with speeds maxed at 1.3 GHz. This CPU is paired with paltry 1 GB of RAM.
Looking at this configuration, it is clear that one should not expect this device to deliver out-of-the-world performance. However, the Windows platform is known to be very efficient even with limited resources. So, expect the Lumia 650 to perform smoothly.
Microsoft Lumia 650 boots Windows 10 operating system, which will come as good news to business users. It is built to enable productivity, coming with newest Office apps out-of-the-box and supporting business applications.
You also have the digital personal assistant Cortana to help you stay organised and get things done more efficiently.
It is a tad disappointing that Microsoft can only provide a 2,000mAh battery. But then, the juicer should be manageable given the chipset used and manageable screen resolution.
The Microsoft Lumia 650 also supports 4G LTE (Cat. 4) for super fast downloads and hassle free video streaming.
Microsoft Lumia 650, which will be offered in white and black colour variants, supports dual-SIM feature. It features Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC. Other interesting features include HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling.
Pricing and Availability
Microsoft Lumia 650 is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy it at leading online stores in the country. Microsoft Lumia 650 Price in Nigeria is expected to range from N35,000 to N45,000 depending on your location in Nigeria.
Microsoft Lumia 650 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Microsoft Lumia 650:
- Platform: Windows 10 Mobile
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad-core Processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 212)
- GPU: Adreno 304
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Colours: White, Black
- Dimension: 142 x 70.9 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 122 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby (Single SIM option)
- Display: 5.0-inch AMOLED ClearBlack Touchscreen, 720 x 1280 pixels (294ppi)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, 720p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED Flash, Geo-tagging
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, 720p HD Video
- Built-in Storage: 16GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: Up to 200GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: 30GB free OneDrive
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 MHz
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes, up to 236.8 kbps
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21.1 Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: SMTP, IMAP4, POP3
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Bing Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Cortana)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Security: Mobile VPN, on-device Encryption, Remote Lock & Wipe
- Social Apps: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, WhatsApp, Foursquare, Skype, WeChat, Viber, LINE, MySpace, Sina Weibo, Flickr, Picasa, YouTube
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant:
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No (download at store)
- Document Viewer: Yes (MS Office Apps)
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 2000 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Standby Time: up to 624 hours
- Talktime: up to 16 hours (4G)
- Music Playback: –
- Video Playback: –
- Wi-Fi Browsing: –
- Cellular Browsing: –