This smartphone is the successor to the Wiko Lenny that was announced back in 2014. The Wiko Lenny 2, which appears aimed at entry-level users, comes with an IPS display, dual-SIM support and a quad-core processor.
Where to Buy Wiko Lenny 2
Design and Display
The Wiko Lenny 2 has a look not unlike what you can expect of an entry-level smartphone.
It sports a chassis made of polycarbonate material and has a thickness of 9 millimetres while weighing about 156 grams.
Wiko Lenny 2 rocks a 5-inch diagonal display with a rather low resolution of 480 x 854 pixels.
Although this is an IPS LCD touchscreen, you will do well to moderate your viewing experience expectation considering a pixel density of just about 196 pixels per inch.
Camera and Storage
Looking at what is provided in its camera department, the Wiko Lenny 2 may be considered by some as a letdown.
Wiko Lenny 2 packs a 5-megapixel rear-facing shooter with LED flash and autofocus as well as a lowly 2-megapixel snapper.
Interestingly, though, the primary camera can be used to shoot Full HD (1080p) videos at 30 frames per second.
Onboard storage memory of just 4 GB will probably vex certain users the more. Thankfully, you will be able to stretch storage space by another 64 GB using a microSD card.
Processor, RAM and OS
Wiko Lenny 2 is driven by a quad-core MediaTek MT6580M processor, which is clocked at 1.3 GHz and supported by just 768MB RAM (yes, in this age).
With this configuration, you want to stay away from this one if you are a power user that loves to leave many apps open at the same time.
The choice of Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system is a good one for the phone, though.
The device will be served by a 1800mAh Li-Polymer battery, which Wiko Mobile says will deliver up to slightly over 13 hours of talk time.
The Wiko Lenny 2 supports dual-SIM functionality, so you can afford to leave that second phone at home.
For connectivity, you get the usual features such as microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with Wi-Fi Direct and hotspot.
Wiko Lenny 2 will be replaced by the Wiko Lenny 3 sometime later this year.
Pricing and Availability
Wiko Lenny 2 now available in Nigeria and Kenya. You can buy the affordable smartphone at leading online stores in the country. Wiko Lenny 2 Price in Nigeria ranges from 25,500 to 35,000 Naira depending on your location in Nigeria. Price in Kenya starts at KSh 6,999
Wiko Lenny 2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Wiko Lenny 2 Smartphone:
- Platform: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Processor: 1.3GHz Quad Core Processor
- GPU: –
- Memory: 768MB RAM
- Colours: –
- Dimension: 145.4 x 73.2 x 9 mm
- Weight: 156 g
- SIM Type: SIM1: Mini SIM, SIM2: Micro SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM, Dual stand-by
- Display: 5.0-inch IPS Touch Display, 480 x 854 pixels (196 ppi)
- Display Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 5MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED Flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 2MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 4GB
- Memory Card Support: up to 64GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes, 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, 900/1900/2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0, USB On The Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/AAC/WAV player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: No
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Battery: 1800 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: up to 11.7 hours (3G)
- Standby Time: up to 240 hours (3G)