The Huawei G Power (a.k.a Huawei Y6 Pro) adds to the increasing number of power-heavy devices in the market. Battery-focused smartphones are increasingly becoming all the rage around here, having already seen the likes of the Gionee Marathon M4 and M5 (including the new M5 Mini) as well as the ASUS Zenfone Max and Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus.
Design and Display
Featuring a ‘water-ripple’ design, the Huawei G Power is built to attract. It has a pleasantly slim body that makes it one you may want to flaunt before your friends. The phone sports a 5-inch diagonal display with a resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels.
This screen should make for a good one for watching movies or gaming.
Camera and Storage
The Huawei G Power is decked out to help you preserve fun memories with superb, detailed images. Huawei G Power has a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus and LED flash.
Turn the device around and you are faced by another impressive 5-megapixel snapper that should allow you get more of your friends into selfies.
The Huawei G Power is expected to offer integrated storage of 8 GB, which doesn’t sound like much, but you will be able to expand storage space with a microSD card (maximum support is unknown for now).
Power and Performance
A quad-core processor (probably by MediaTek) will take care of business on the Huawei G Power. The 64-bit chip offers processing speeds of up to 1.3 GHz and will be given support by a lowly 1 GB of RAM.
Although Huawei, as usual, promises the processor will manage ‘multiple tasks with ease,’ this configuration doesn’t look capable of satisfying power users’ needs. It is not clear what version of Android the phone will boot, but it is likely to be Lollipop (5.1) based on what most other devices come with in recent times.
Dubbed as the ‘Hero with extraordinary powers,’ the Huawei G Power packs a mammoth 4,000mAh Lithium Ion-Polymer battery with fast charging support. A 10 minutes charge of the juicer may support up to three hours of talk time, according to Huawei.
The Huawei G Power supports reverse charging as well and, as such, can be used to boost the battery of your other phones.
Pricing and availability
Huawei G Power is available in Nigeria. You can buy the Android smartphone at Jumia Online Store. Huawei G Power Price in Nigeria ranges from N46,500 to N55,000 depending on your location in the country.
Huawei G Power Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei G Power (a.k.a Huawei Y6 Pro):
- Platform: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Processor: 64-bit, 1.3GHz quad-core Processor
- GPU: –
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White
- Dimension: XX x XX x 8.5 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: –
- SIM Count: Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.0-inch Touch Display, 720 x 1280 pixels (293 ppi)
- Display Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Camera, HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Autofocus, Panorama
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 16GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 32GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: No
- Light Sensor: No
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: No
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: No
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: No
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 4000 mAh Li-Po Battery, doubles as a Powerbank (Reverse Charging)
- Standby Time: –
- Talktime: up to 39 hours
- Quick Charging: Yes, 10 minutes charge gives 3 hours talktime