Also known as the Blue Charm Metal, the Meizu m1 metal is the latest addition to its maker’s impressive Blue Charm series of devices that combine affordability with superb performance. The big handset offers a brilliant Full HD display, an octa-core processor, decent memory, fingerprint sensor and 4G LTE support.
Jumia Mobile Week 2018 Sale: Jumia is offering amazing deals on Mobile Devices and Mobile Accessories. Up to 60% discount on Mobile Phones with Flash Sale every single day until March 25. Today's Highlight: Infinix Hot 5 for ₦29,990 at 12 noon. For latest deals, Click Here.
Design and Display
The Meizu m1 metal makes for an attractive device and one that is comfortable to hold in the hand with its unibody construction. The design is premium being made of aluminium alloy die-cast with crystal metal, which explains the idea behind its naming.
It crams in a huge 5.5-inch LPTS IPS LCD display with a Full HD resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. This screen should deliver awesome viewing experience considering its high pixel density of 401 ppi and the display technology employed.
Camera and Storage
This phablet also impresses on the camera front with a combo of 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 5-megapixel selfie camera. The main shooter features dual-tone LED flash to ensure you take high quality shots you would want to share.
Both snappers support Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30 fps. You can keep your photos, videos and other content in an onboard storage with a capacity of either 16 GB or 32 GB, extendable by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
Performance and OS
Just like other smartphones in the Blue Charm range, the Meizu m1 metal is ready to deliver heavy-duty performance with an octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 processor with a PowerVR G6200 GPU.
The robust CPU is supported by 2 GB of RAM and runs along at speeds of up to 2 GHz. The handset runs on a customised version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system (Yun OS) coated with Meizu’s Flyme OS 5 skin.
The Meizu m1 metal packs a fingerprint sensor in its Home button for added protection of vital information and content. It is supplied juice by a decent 3,140mAh battery.
The phablet supports ultra-fast 4G LTE (Cat. 4) connectivity as well as dual-SIM functionality. Connectivity options also include Bluetooth 4.1, 3G and Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac.
Pricing and Availability
Meizu M1 Metal is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy it at leading online stores in the country. Meizu M1 Metal Price in Nigeria is expected to range from N45,000 to N60,000 depending on your location in Nigeria.
Meizu M1 Metal Specs
Here are a few specs of the Meizu M1 Metal (a.k.a Meizu Blue Charm Metal):
- Platform: Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A53, Octa-core 2.0 GHz
- GPU: PowerVR G6200
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: White, Gray, Blue, Pink, Champagne
- Dimension: 150.7 x 75.3 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 162 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 5.5-inch Touch Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (403 ppi)
- Display Protection: Dinorex T2X-1 scratch/shock resistant glass
- Rear Camera: 13MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 16/32GB
- Memory Card Support: MicroSD, up to 128GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 150 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/eAAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Battery: 3140 mAh Li-Ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: up to 250 hours