The HTC 10 has finally been officially unveiled and comes with promise of robust performance and grand user experience. The HTC flagship smartphone for 2016 boasts a super-sharp QHD display, stoutly-configured cameras, latest Qualcomm processor and superb audio capability, amongst others.
Design and Display
The HTC 10 is a cross of some sort between the HTC M9 and A9, design wise. This beauty flaunts an all-metal unibody design with every element supposedly ‘refined and perfected.’ The build quality is indeed premium and the device features novel chamfered edges.
HTC 10 sports chic dual-textured finish. The smartphone has a curved rear, tapering from 9 mm to 3 mm at its thinnest point.
The flagship smartphone is fitted with a 5.2-inch Super LCD display with a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels.
You are looking at a very high pixel density of about 564 ppi which makes images come out ultra sharp.
The touchscreen is overlaid with a piece of Corning Gorilla Glass that curves into the metal frame.
The HTC 10 is designed to be a superstar when it comes to image capturing. On the rear is a 12-megapixel camera having an f/1.8 aperture for superb shots in lowlight conditions.
The shooter features dual-LED flash, second-generation laser autofocus and optical image stabilisation (OIS).
It can be used to shoot 4K videos. HTC 10 is decked out to also produce breathtaking selfies with a wide-angle 5-megapixel front-facing camera which also features OIS.
HTC says its latest flagship is the world’s first with dual OIS.
Hardware and Software
This flagship device supposedly has its hardware and software optimised for rapid touch response and 50% better responsiveness than its predecessor.
Under the hood, the HTC 10 carries top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, which is given backing by ample 4 GB of RAM for zippy performance.
The HTC 10 has 32 GB of expandable storage and boots latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
HTC says the 24-bit Hi-Res audio-certified phone is designed to set new gold standard when it comes to audio quality with new BoomSound Hi-Fi speakers, Hi-Res audio earphones and Personal Audio Profile.
HTC 10 is equipped with a 3,000mAh battery backed by Quick Charge 3.0 tech and rated to deliver two-day runtime. The HTC 10 comes with a USB Type-C port and a fingerprint scanner.
Pricing & Availability
HTC 10 is now available in a couple of countries. You can buy the premium smartphone at leading online stores in Nigeria. HTC 10 Price in Nigeria ranges from 195,000 to 290,000 Naira depending on your location in the country.
HTC 10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HTC 10:
- Platform: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), HTC Sense UI
- Processor: Quad-core Processor, 2.15GHz dual-core & 1.6GHz dual-core Processors (Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820)
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Colours: Carbon Gray, Topaz Gold, Glacier Silver
- Dimension: 145.9 x 71.9 x 9 mm
- Weight: 161 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual-SIM
- Display: 5.2-inch Super LCD5 Touchscreen Display, 1440 x 2560 pixels (565ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Camera, 2160p ultra HD (4k), 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: dual-LED Flash, Laser Autofocus, HDR, Geo-tagging, OIS, Face Detection, Panorama
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, OIS, HDR, 1080p HD Video Conferencing
- Built-in Storage: 32GB or 64GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: up to 128GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: up to 100GB free Google Drive
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes (CDMA model)
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes (CDMA model)
- 4G LTE: Yes (LTE model)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: Yes (CDMA model)
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 450 Mbps (LTE model)
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Dual stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Temperature Sensor: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3000 mAh Li-Ion Battery (non-removable)
- Standby Time: up to 456 hours (3G)
- Talktime: up to 27 hours (3G)
- Fast Charging: Yes, Charge to 50% in 30 minutes (Quick Charge 3.0)