Just over six months after the Meizu Pro 5 was launched, its successor the Meizu Pro 6 has made its official appearance and comes with even more awesome specifications. Featuring an ultra-slim, premium design, the phone offers a pressure-sensitive Full-HD display, a robust rear camera with 10-LED flash, and a 10-core processor.
Design and Display
It appears Meizu is trying to do the same thing Apple did with the iPhone SE here. At 5.2 inches, the Meizu Pro 6 is smaller than its 5.7-inch predecessor.
It parades a premium look with an aluminium alloy unibody design. In comparison to the iPhone, the Chinese phone maker says its device uses 48% less plastic in its construction.
This one also qualifies as an ultra-slim smartphone at a thickness of 7.25 millimetres.
The Meizu Pro 6 rocks a Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels.
The super-sharp screen supports a 3D Press technology, Meizu’s answer to the 3D Touch tech on Apple’s device. It is protected by curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
Looking at the Meizu Pro 6 you may likely see a device built for photography enthusiasts.
It is fitted with a heavy-duty 21-megapixel primary shooter featuring a Sony IMX230 sensor.
Now, the high resolution and make of the camera are not really the awe-inspiring things here, but its 10-LED dual-tone flash set out in a circle.
Expect awesome shots in poorly-lit environment! It comes with ultra-fast laser and phase detection autofocus.
Buyers also get a 5-megapixel selfie snapper with 1,080p video recording capability.
Performance and OS
Under the hood, the Meizu Pro 6 is equipped with the earlier-rumoured, exclusive MediaTek Helio X25 processor.
The 10-core CPU is an over-clocked version of the Helio X20 that you will find on the awesome Vernee Apollo.
It is paired with a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU and 4 GB of RAM, contrary to the 6 GB earlier speculated.
The Meizu Pro 6 boots latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with Flyme 6.0 skin on top.
There will be 32GB and 64GB storage versions of the Meizu Pro 6. It will be equipped with a 2,560mAh non-removable battery, which might not sound exciting to some, but does offer fast charging with a 24W mCharge 3.0 technology.
The LTE-enabled device features a reversible USB Type-C port and a super-fast fingerprint scanner. It supports dual Nano-SIM cards.
Pricing and Availability
Meizu Pro 6 is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy it at leading online stores in the country. Meizu Pro 6 Price in Nigeria is expected to range from N120,000 to 170,000 depending on your location in Nigeria.
Meizu Pro 6 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Meizu Pro 6:
- Platform: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), Flyme 5.6
- Processor: 10-Core Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core, 2GHz quad-core and 2.5GHz dual-core (Mediatek MT6797T Helio X25)
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Gray, Gold, Silver
- Dimension: 147.7 x 70.8 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 160 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 5.2-inch Super AMOLED Touchscreen (3D Touch), 1080 x 1920 pixels (423 ppi)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 21MP Camera, Video
- Rear Camera Features: Laser Autofocus, Phase Detection, ten-LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, Face Detection, Geo-Tagging
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32GB or 64GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 300 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB 3.1, USB Type C 1.0 (Reversible)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac/MIDI/WMA player
- Video Player: Xvid/MP4/H.264/Xvid player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: No
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Battery: 2560 mAh Battery (Non-Removable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
More on Meizu and So on
- Meizu MX5
- Microsoft Lumia Phones
- Best Windows 10 Mobile Phones
- Cheap Android Phones
- Best Android Phones