“Innovation is in our DNA” and with those words, Matthew Willsher, Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria’s most innovative telecommunications company, Etisalat announced call for entries for the 2016 Etisalat Prize for Innovation.
According to him, the Prize is not only a reflection of the character of Etisalat in promoting and nurturing talent, but also a proof of the brand’s commitment to supporting innovative ideas.
Etisalat Prize for Innovation is awarded in two categories: Most Innovative Product/Service category which is worth ₦5,000,000 and Most Innovative Idea category worth ₦2,000,000. Both winners and the top 10 finalists will receive training at the Enterprise Development Centre of the Pan Atlantic University, Lagos.
Supporting and promoting innovation is something that comes naturally to Etisalat. Since inception, its core business strategy has been based on innovation and this can be seen in all the products and services launched on its network.
As the Nigerian telecoms market witnesses the increasing migration of smartphones and mobile broadband networks, the 2016 edition of the Etisalat Prize for Innovation aims to extend the conversation on the revolutionary impact of innovation and technology as it addresses social challenges in the country.
To submit entries, visit prizeforinnovation.etisalat.com.ng. Entry closes after September 9. 2016 and winners will be announced in November 2016.
- Anthony Oniwon, developer of Exammate and winner in the Most Innovative Product/Service category in 2014 has also done very well since receiving the Prize. He has developed an SSCE version of Exammate which previously focused on JAMB Examinations and is currently developing a new line of products for much younger children.
- Adebayo Adegbembo, developer of Genni Games who won in the Most Innovative Product/Service category in 2013, has expanded the scope of the product by adding more apps to his portfolio and integrating Genni Games with the Etisalat Games Portal. Adegbembo has held exhibitions in the UK, Germany, USA, South-Africa and Brazil and now organises Digital Storytelling Workshops for primary school children in Lagos and Johannesburg.
- Etisalat EasyMobile App
- Etisalat unlimited Facebook Bundle
- Etisalat easyblaze Browsing data plans
- Etisalat Free Weekly Internet
- Cheap Internet Browsing bundles in Nigeria
- Etisalat easyblaze launches in 14 towns & cities
- Etisalat easyblaze launch press release
- Etisalat DotMe Share status via SMS
- Etisalat 500MB internet Access bundle