Today’s teens are more social media savvy as compared to ever. Six-year-old kids are as digitally advanced these days as 10-year-olds were 3 years ago. An enormous 80% of kids on the internet use some form of social media, and also they are sharing more info about themselves on social media than ever before.
Teenagers and kids these days spend a good amount of time online using social media, streaming content, and also even uploading their own video clips on Youtube. There is a world of technology out there which they make use of to their benefit. If you search “Kidspreneur,” you will find groups of youth buildings applications, launching on the internet businesses and also doing impressive things that are possible just on the web.
Monitor the Images The Kid Posts Online:
In a perfect world, a kid would never post an image of herself on the internet. However, that may not be totally realistic. If she needs to share images together with her friends through email as well as a social networking website, be sure you are acquainted with precisely which images are being posted. Ensure the content of the image is totally innocuous and also that no particular locales in the background are noticeable.
Teach Kids about an On the internet Reputation:
A lot of teens do not seem to understand the durability of the on the internet world. Make sure to stress to the teens what a digital footprint is and also its impact. Messages, post or images could be stumbled upon by a prospect college administrator, as well as the employer
Talk to Kids regarding Online Risks and also Dangers:
You might feel like you are scaring your teens when talking to them regarding the dangers of being on the internet. However, it is better for them to be scared as compared to be ignorant.
Get to Know the Technology:
Kid’s having gained a mastery of technology rapidly could easily pick up on some new gadget, faster than regular parents can. It is each parent’s responsibility to be acquainted with exactly which key features are added in the gadgets the kids are using.
Use Parental Control Apps as well as Software:
You will find mobile applications to monitor the child’s Social Media Activity remotely; even allow you to view and also schedule Kid mobile as well as tablet App, Monitor the kid website activity as well as even block URL adult websites, crime betting as well as block porn. Nischint Parental control app lets you manage, monitor and also protect kid mobile and also tablet remotely.
How to keep the kids safe from social media dangers:
- 1st and foremost is to let the kid know that it is never their fault if they’re bullied by someone. It could happen to anybody. Lots of teens accept it as part and parcel of being on the internet. However, that is where we have to explain what is right and also what’s wrong and what should be flagged to us as parents.
- Let the kid know that the same rules apply on the internet as apply offline. If the kid does not want to be picked on, he should not pick on other people. And also just because the harassment is occurring on the internet doesn’t mean that they ought to ignore it.
- Have a timetable for how much time have to be spent on social media. Interact early on. Prior to kids using social media platforms, talk to them regarding technology as a whole. Interact with teenagers to learn about new monitoring apps and websites. It could help lay the groundwork for future conversations.
- Check the privacy settings. Ensures they know how to make the profiles ‘private’, so they’re not sharing personal info along with strangers. Facebook have a Privacy Healthcheck feature.
- Ensures they know when and also how to report and block any malicious as well as inappropriate messages or posts.
- Use parental control monitoring apps like Nischint to monitor kid social media usage.
What we have to do is begin the conversation. I do not think it is possible as well as even recommended to restrict kids from using social media as well as the internet completely. The best option is to be their friend. Talk to them regarding the risks they might be exposed to and also how to deal with them. Make sure they feel free to talk to you if they observe anything offensive.
Aline Carrara is social media experimentalist and latest technology blogger at TheOneSpy Cell Phone Monitoring App . She is also working as a digital Parenting coach. To know more about her follow her on Twitter @AlineCarrara7