Are you in the market for a portable laptop that packs enough punch for business? The HP EliteBook 1040 G3 is an offering you may want to check out. This 14-incher offers high performance that boosts productivity as well as features that help to keep your data safe.
Where to Buy HP EliteBook 1040 G3
HP EliteBook 1040 G3 Key Features and Specs
- 6th Gen Intel Core i7, Core i5 Processor
- Intel HD Graphics 520
- Windows 10 or Windows 7 Professional
- 14-inch LED Display (Touch or Non-Touch)
- 4GB, 8GB, 16GB RAM (up to 16GB RAM in two slots)
- up to 512GB SDD
- Optional Built-in Broadband (4G LTE or 3G HSPA+)
- Up to 11 hours, 30 minutes Battery Life
Design and Display
Sporting durable construction, the HP EliteBook 1040 G3 is a road-ready business notebook. It flaunts an ‘all metal’ diamond cut design that can withstand MIL-STD 810G testing. In spite of featuring aluminium, it is still lightweight at just 1.43 kg.
The laptop shows off a slim profile. It is a no-brainer deciding to make this your road companion for work. HP EliteBook 1040 G3 sports a 14-inch anti-glare display with Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Power and Performance
With up sixth-generation Intel Core i7 processor on board, the HP EliteBook 1040 G3 looks ready to deliver powerful performance. The robust CPU gets backing from up to 16GB DDR4 RAM and integrated Intel HD Graphics 520. What the notebook has to offer should satisfy the needs of most business users.
While the HP EliteBook 1040 G3 is not targeted at gamers, the hardware should be able to run some games. You can enjoy more convincing performance by getting a unit with a solid state drive. The battery supplies enough juice to last almost a full workday.
Other Specs and Features
HP EliteBook 1040 G3 boots Windows 10 OS – Windows 7 is also available through downgrade rights. Wireless connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, and Near Field Communication (NFC) module. Physical connectivity features include three USB ports (one USB Type-C), an HDMI port, and a docking connector.
Among the laptop’s security characteristics is HP Sure View, a privacy screen that keeps your data from prying eyes with the touch of a button. HP Sure Start helps to effectively check and guard against malicious BIOS attacks. Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and a fingerprint reader add extra security layers to data security.
Pricing and availability
HP EliteBook 1040 G3 laptops are not yet available Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana. Price starts at around $1,669 in the United States. The HP EliteBook 1040 G3 price in Nigeria is expected to start at around 645,000 Naira, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
Price in Ghana is expected to start at around GH₵ 10,250. HP EliteBook 1040 G3 price in Kenya starts at 214,999 KSh.
HP EliteBook 1040 G3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HP EliteBook 1040 G3 Notebook:
- OS: Windows 10, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 7 Professional, FreeDOS 2.0
- Processor: 6th Gen Intel Core i5, Core i7 Processor
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 8GB RAM, 16GB RAM (up to 16GB)
- Colours: Silver
- Dimension: 33.7 x 23.45 x 1.58 cm (non-touch); 33.7 x 23.45 x 1.65 cm (touch)
- Weight: Starting at 1.43 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 14-inch back-lit LED Display (Touch and Non-Touch options), 1920 x 1080 pixels or 2560 x 1440 pixels, optional anti-glare
- Keyboard: Full-sized Spill Resistant, Back-lit Keyboard
- Pointing Device: Glass TouchPad
- Built-in Storage: up to 512GB SDD
- Optical Storage: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, 720p HD Webcam
- USB Ports: Yes, 2 x USB 3.0 ports (charging port) and 1 x USB Type C Port
- HDMI: Yes, 1 port
- VGA: No
- Ethernet (RJ-45): No
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes (Dual Microphone Array)
- NFC: Yes (Optional)
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band, Miracast
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2
- Docking Connector: Yes
- Broadband: Yes, 3G HSPA+ / 4G LTE (optional)
- Audio by Bang & Olufsen
- Two Integrated Stereo Speakers
- Fingerprint Reader
- Integrated smart card reader (active)
- Battery: HP Long Life 6-cell, 45.6 WH Li-ion Battery
- Use Time: up to 11 hours, 30 minutes (depends on configuration)