If you’re like most modern tech users, you probably love to upgrade your devices to newer models. Nothing compares to the excitement of getting your hands on a brand new smartphone or a tablet.
However, home computers are also a valuable part of the tech world, and when you’re looking for an upgrade, the most important choice you’ll have to make is between a PC and a Mac.
Find out which one is right for you and shop for high quality affordable electronics from top Nigerian sellers on Jiji: jiji.ng/electronics.
- Intuitive user interface that is super easy to adapt to even if you’ve been a lifelong PC user.
- Macs are visually stunning devices and will become the most appealing part of your desktop or home office.
- Build quality of Macs is already the subject of legends: with proper care your Mac can last for more than a decade.
- The BootCamp software allows you to easily install Windows on your Mac and take the best out of both operating systems.
- Mac devices are much better protected against viruses and malware even without the sophisticated software.
- When you purchase a Mac, you should accept the fact that it will look and perform the same way for years, as there are very limited options for an upgrade.
- Price is probably the biggest disadvantage of Mac computers. Of course, the price is justified by the exceptional quality, but not everyone has the means to buy a new Mac.
- If you have done things on your Windows computer differently, OS X, despite being very convenient and beautifully designed, may take some time to get used to.
- PC computers and parts are produced by hundreds of companies, so you can always configure your new PC according to your needs and budgets.
- Software selection on PC is undeniably bigger than what Macs have to offer in terms of software, and there is good chance you’re already familiar with the software you need.
- Third-party manufacturers offer a whole lot of useful and innovative accessories, while the choice of Mac accessories is somewhat limited.
- Windows is the most common operating system in the world, so you can always expect to get the help you need from friends or online community.
- PC computers are not too quick to adopt new features and technology, and when they do, they instantly become as pricey as Macs.
- PCs get outdated rather fast, while Macs hold their resale value better and can be sold for more money when you’re ready for an upgrade.
- Recent versions of Windows come with a lot of preinstalled software that you may not even need and that can slow down your computer while being very hard to get rid of.
If money is not a concern for you, you don’t use any specific software, and are looking for a visually appealing and high-performance home computer, then Mac is your best choice. If you are shopping on a budget, want to be able to improve the performance of your computer whenever you want, or require some rare software for work, a Windows PC is a better option.