After testing Terrarium TV and Kodi for 1 years, I decided to write this post. If you are also a movie freak and unable to decide which to choose between Kodi and Terrarium TV, I’ll help you today. In this article, you are going to read all the major differences in features between Kodi and Terrarium TV.
So, keep reading…
Watching movies and TV shows are one of the most popular and economical ways of amusement. You do not need to go anywhere, just tune your TV ON and start watching your favorite movie or tv show. A good movie can release a ton of stress which your boss generated in the office. But… A boring movie will multiply your stress level.
Earlier, people used to depend on their cable operator and they hadn’t the freedom to watch, what they want. Instead, they depend on what their cable or dish provider broadcasting. But, this fast-growing technology changed everything.
Now, we can watch whatever we want. All we need is, a fast working internet connection. But, still, downloading movies or TV shows from the internet is a hectic task because of lots of websites serving creepy advertisements instead of a useful download link.
Kodi and Terrarium TV developers have brought an outstanding gift for movies and TV show lover. If any of these applications installed on your device, you do not need to look anywhere for watching your favorite movie.
But, in recent years, a lot of competition generated among the app developers. Hundreds of movies application available on the internet but Terrarium TV and Kodi provides unique features among all.
What is Terrarium TV?
Terrarium TV is a simple but extremely effective tool for movies lovers. It provides a simple interface for users to watch their favorite movie or TV show. The recent updates of Terrarium TV have added some cool features, which keep Terrarium TV above the competition of rest of the movies application.
Yes… I’m talking about Netflix, Hulu, YouTube Red, and Amazon Prime Videos list. Now, Terrarium TV users can watch all popular movies and TV shows from Netflix and other popular videos platform which asks for the premium subscription. The interesting part is; you do not need to pay a single penny for these.
Features of Terrarium TV-
It’s not possible to list out all the features of terrarium TV but, below are some highlighting features-
- Terrarium TV is 100% free android application. You can download Terrarium TV apk free.
- It allows users to watch all popular movies and TV shows.
- There is no need to sign up for an account, just install the app and enjoy.
- Terrarium TV support major devices which are running on Android 4.0 or above.
- The video quality is excellent, you can watch 1080p videos from the Terrarium TV app.
- Watch Netflix, Hulu, YouTube Red, and Amazon Prime Videos on Terrarium TV for free of cost.
- Simple UI is another excellent feature of Terrarium TV.
- You’ll get a new episode release notification on your home screen.
- There is an option to request any movie or TV shows from the dashboard.
- Regular updates of the app as well as movies and TV show list.
These are some key features, you gonna experience on Terrarium TV app. Though, this is not everything… You’ll get more whatever listed here.
Terrarium TV: Pro’s and Con’s
There are both downside and upside of any application. Below you’ll see some Pro’s and Con’s of Terrarium TV app.
- 100% Free movie application.
- Supports all Android devices.
- Regular updates fix any existing bugs.
- No sign up required.
- No Credit Card required.
- Inbuilt TV Calendar.
- Movie request zone.
- Promotes copyrighted contents (It’s not legal).
- No inbuilt VPN.
- Limited to Android Phones only.
So, this is all about Terrarium TV. Now, we are going to look on Kodi because this is another extremely popular tool for movies and TV shows lover.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is an extremely popular cross-platform media player tool which fulfills all the entertainment need at the single place. Kodi is developed by XBMC foundation (the USA based non-profit organization) under opensource GPL license. Whether you love to watch movies, videos, tv shows, news channels, sports or listen to music, podcasts or play games; Kodi will provide everything.
Kodi is distributed under open source GPL license, means it allow developers to make this tool more effective and useful. It supports thousands of add-ons and skins. Rather say, Kodi is only useful because of its add-ons, else its just a media player software. But, with the help of various popular Kodi addons, we can watch anything we want.
Features of Kodi-
Some Kodi features are listed below-
- It’s 100% free media player tool.
- Supports all popular operating systems.
- No sign up required.
- No credit card details required.
- Excellent user interface.
- Highly customizable.
- Thousands of Add-ons available for every need.
- Watch movies, tv shows, sports matches, news channels.
- Listen to music, podcasts.
- Play games.
These are some features you’ll experience on Kodi. Regular new Kodi add-ons make this software more interesting and popular.
Kodi: Pro’s and Con’s
Some pluses and minuses of Kodi are listed below. Just check out…
- Supports all media file format.
- Opensource media center tool.
- 100% free to download.
- Supports all popular devices.
- Highly customizable.
- Regular Add-ons update.
- Allow importing your local media.
- No external media player required.
- Available for Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Roku, Raspberry Pi, FreeBSD, and tvOS.
- Unofficial Kodi Add-ons promotes copyrighted contents (it’s not legal).
- Not safe without a VPN e.g. Ivacy VPN.
- No inbuilt support, though you can get help from Kodi forum.
Kodi Vs Terrarium
I already listed all the features, pros, and cons of both of this software. If you still cannot decide which to pick and which to kick then I’ll help you in this paragraph. Terrarium TV is an Android-based mobile application which allows you to watch all the popular movies and tv shows.
Kodi is a multi-device media player application which gives you opportunities to watch movies, TV shows, news, live tv, sports, music, and play games. All you need to do is; install an appropriate plugin for this. Kodi apk is available to download for all popular operating systems like Android, iOS, macOS, tvOS, Linux, FreeBSD and Raspberry Pi. So, there is more opportunity.
In one line, I would recommend you to install Kodi on your device because it has the vast opportunity. Though terrarium tv is also a good application, it has limited features. Well, you’ll get a simple UI in Terrarium TV App. So, I recommend you try both the app for 1 week and decide for yourself. Any suggestions are most welcome in the comment box.