The Cubot X20 Pro is a mobile phone that sits between and low end and mid-range. It features a beautiful chassis, big battery, capable specs, and a price tag that makes it a low-cost phone. In this article, we explore the Cubot X20 Pro specs and features, which will help you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy Cubot X20 Pro
Cubot X20 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.3-inch, IPS FHD+, 2340 x 1080 pixels (410 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI with 6GB RAM
- Octa-core MT6771 Helio P60 Processor
- 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB Memory Card
- 20MP + 12MP + 8MP Triple Rear Camera
- 13MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (under Display)
- 4000mAh non-removable Li-ion Battery
The Design and Display
The Cubot X20 Pro has a design that seems to have coined from different smartphones. Both the rear and front panel of this smartphone bear familiar designs/setup. There isn’t any innovation here, in terms of design.
It has in its build, a mixture of glass and metal. There is a 2.5D glass on the rear, glass on the front panel and a metal frame in between the front and back panel.
On the rear panel of the Cubot X20 Pro, you will find a camera module that houses a triple camera system and a camera flash. The second and last thing you will find here is the Cubot branding.
Upfront on the smartphone, you will find a setup that is best described as a cliche. It features a 6.3-inch display with a waterdrop notch. At the bottom of this display, you will find an ignorable amount of bezel.
The 6.3-inch display on the Cubot X20 Pro is an IPS FHD+ display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and a screen density of 410 ppi. Please note that there an optical fingerprint sensor beneath this display.
When purchasing the smartphone, you have the option of purchasing it with either a golden, pink or blue color.
The Cubot X20 Pro packs in an interesting suite of cameras, There is a handful of features for users to employ in taking awesome photos from their mobile device. It is home to a triple rear camera system and a single front-facing camera.
The triple camera system on the rear of the Cubot X20 Pro is home to a 12MP primary sensor with the Sony IMX486 sensor, a 20MP depth camera with the SONY IMX350 sensor and an 8MP ultra-wide camera.
For selfies, the smartphone makes uses of a 13MP front-facing shooter. Please note that there isn’t a hardware flash here, instead, it makes use of a software screen flash.
Hardware and Software
The Cubot X20 Pro is best described as a smartphone that stands in-between low end and mid-range. The Android phone packs in specs that certainly going to let you perform basic tasks, without stress.
The Cubot X20 Pro is home to an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 processor with a processor speed of 2.0 GHz. The Cubot X20 Pro is also home to a Mali-G72 MP3 graphics processing unit.
The cell phone features a 6GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, with support for Micro-SD storage expansion up to 256GB. It features a non-removable 4000 mAh battery.
For software, the Cubot X20 Pro runs the Cubot’s user interface on top of Android 9.0 Pie. As at the time this article was written, there was no word on future Android OS upgrade.
The Cubot X20 Pro features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type C (USB 2.0) port, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, support for OTG and lots more.
The Cubot X20 Pro is a 4G smartphone. It has support for LTE band 3 and band 7. This means you will be able to use MTN, 9Mobile and Airtel 4G sim on this smartphone.
Cubot X20 Pro Price and Availability
The Cubot X20 Pro price in Nigeria is around 54,900 Naira. It is currently available for purchase in retail stores and can also be purchased from online retail stores that ship to your region.
Cubot X20 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Cubot X20 Pro:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie,
- Processor: Octa-Core 2.0 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 2.0 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 ( 12nm MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771))
- GPU: Mali- G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colors: Black, Golden, Blue
- Dimension: 157.1 x 74.6 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 147g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.3-inch, IPS FHD+ Capacitive Touchscreen, 2340 x 1080p (409 ppi)
- Screen Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 12MP (Primary) + 20MP ( Depth) + 8MP (Ultra-Wide) Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
- Front Camera: 13MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1 / 3 / 7 / 8 / 19 / 20
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: -Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (In-display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –