The iPad 10.2 which is also known as Apple iPad (2019) has found its way to the Nigeria market and other African countries.
Where to Buy iPad 10.2
The iPad was announced alongside the iPhone 11 series and the iWatch in the USA. The device is currently available at an online leading store in the country. It’s the makeover of last year’s variant with some added features and a few upgrades.
iPad 10.2 Key Specs & Features
- 10.2-inch Retina IPS Display, 2160 x 1620 pixels (264 ppi)
- iPadOS 13.1
- Apple A10 Fusion
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 128GB inbuilt Storage
- 8 MP Rear Camera and 1.2 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE + Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi only
- built-in first-generation Apple Pencil
- 8827 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The iPad 10.2 sport a nice and beautiful body design that packs a smooth panel featuring a camera. The tablet has body dimensions of 250.6 x 174.1 x 7.5 mm and if weighs 483 grams.
The front is built with glass, while the overall body features aluminum. It comes with visible bezels both on the top and bottom of the screen.
The new Apple tablet packs a 10.2-inch Retina IPS display with a resolution of 2160 x 1620 pixels and 264 PPI pixel density.
It also carries support for a peak brightness of 500-nit. It comes with display protection of Scratch-resistant glass and oleophobic coating.
On the camera, the iPad 10.2 has a primary shooter of an 8-megapixel unit with an aperture rating of f/2.4.
The main camera has HDR with some features such as [email protected], [email protected], HDR, and stereo sound rec. For selfies and video calling, it has a 1.2-megapixel unit with an aperture rating of f/2.0.
Hardware and Software
The iPad 10.2 is powered by the Apple A10 Fusion chipset and the M10 coprocessor.
It has PowerVR Series7XT Plus for graphics related issues and gaming. Booting the tablet is iPadOS 13.1, upgradable to iPadOS 13.1.2.
Meanwhile, the Quad-core processor on the device is handling its assignment at a maximum speed of 2.34 GHz. The iPad 10.2 is available in two storage variants namely 32GB + 3GB RAM and 128GB + 3GB RAM. The memory is not expandable.
Battery and Network
The Tablet draws its power from a non-removable battery capacity of 8827 mAh that offers up to 10 hours of Web surfing on Wi-Fi and up to 9 hours on LTE.
Some of the features on the iPad include a built-in first-generation of the Apple Pencil, a full-sized Smart keyboard and also a stereo setup with dual microphones. You will use the swipe up the function from the corners with the Apple Pencil for screenshots.
The connectivity options on the tablet include Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Bluetooth v4.0.
The cellular + Wi-Fi variant supports GPS and LTE as well. It also supports calling over Wi-Fi due to the dual-SIM setup comprising of a Nano-SIM card and an eSIM.
iPad 10.2 Price and Availability
The Wi-Fi only variant of the iPad 10.2 with 32GB will sell at a price of 155,000 Naira ($421). The WiFi-only 128GB variant will cost around 200,000 Naira ($543).
As for the 32GB variant of WiFi + cellular network, it will cost 210,000 Naira ($576), while the 128GB WiFi + cellular will sell at 250,000 Naira ($689).
The iPad is available in three model numbers such as A2232, A2200, and A2198. You can choose the iPad in three different colors that include Silver, Gold, and Space Gray.
iPad 10.2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the iPad 10.2:
- Platform: iPadOS 13.1, upgradable to iPadOS 13.1.2
- Processor: Apple A10 Fusion (16 nm)
- GPU: Quad-core 2.34 GHz (dual-core Hurricane + dual-core Zephyr)
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Silver, Gold, Space Gray
- Dimension: 250.6 x 174.1 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 483 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, eSIM
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 10.2 inches, 1620 x 2160 pixels, 4:3 ratio (~264 ppi density), IPS, LCD
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera
- Rear Camera Features: HDR, Autofocus, [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 11(1500), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 21(1500), 25(1900), 26(850), 29(700), 30(2300), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100), 71(600)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB 2.0, proprietary reversible connector; magnetic connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Front)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 8827mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes