The LG K50s is an affordable smartphone from LG. The smartphone features similar design and specifications with the LG K50.
Where to Buy LG K50s
It comes with some noticeable upgrade on the camera. It has average specifications with massive battery capacity and it’s available in amazing colors variant.
LG K50s Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inch IPS Display, 720 x 1520 pixels (259 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22
- 13 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 13 MP Front Camera
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB inbuilt storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE network
- 4000 mAh Non-Removable Battery
Design And Display
Going by the body design, the smartphone sport an impressive body design. It has a smooth panel that houses the camera in horizontal order.
Besides the camera is the LED flash, while below it is the fingerprint scanner for security. At the bottom is the brand logo. The handset has body dimensions of 165.8 x 77.5 x 8.2 mm.
On the front, you will be greeted with a Dot notch that hosts the front camera. It also has small bezels both on the top and bottom of the screen with an on-screen navigation button.
The good news here is that the LG K50s offers a large screen display size of 6.5 inches which is perfect for multimedia purpose and gaming.
The screen is equipped with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels, a 19:9 ratio, and 259 PPI density. It also has display protection and it reaches up to 82.1% screen-to-body ratio.
On the camera department, the LG K50s has been upgraded with a triple shooter instead of the combo camera on the K50. The primary camera consists of 13 MP wide shooters with an additional 5 MP ultrawide sensor and lastly is 2 MP depth sensor.
It features LED flash, panorama, HDR and can also record 1080p video resolution at 30 seconds per frame. Even selfies lovers are not left out here.
The 13MP placed on the notch will not only take beautiful photos but can also record high video quality as well. This means, both the front and back camera will take beautiful photos and shoot full HD videos as well.
Hardware and Software
On the inside, the maker equipped the phone with a Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 chipset which falls under mid-range. The SOC is based on 12nm process technology and it has an octa-core processor handling its assignment at a speed of 2.0 GHz.
There’s PowerVR GE8320 GPU on the hood which will ensure good graphics and smooth gaming experience. The LG K50 is powered by the Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box.
As for the memory, the LG K50s packs average inbuilt storage of 32GB with ample RAM of 3GB. The memory is expandable via a micro SD card up to 1TB.
Battery and Network
Fueling the phone is a massive nonremovable battery capacity of 4000 mAh. There’s no news if the juicer has support for fast charging technology or not. However, it promises to last a full day when fully charged.
The LG K50s has a dual SIM with 4G LTE Network and other regulars such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, A-GPS, GLONASS for location tracking and micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go which is for file transfer and charging. It also has support for NFC depending on your region and country.
LG K50S Price And Availability
The LG K50s will cost around 200 EUR and it will be shipped in New Aurora Black, and New Moroccan Blue. It is not yet available for purchase in Nigeria.
In Nigeria, it’s expected to cost around 100,000 Naira, while in Kenya, it will sell for 29,000 KES and 1,600 GHS in Ghana.
LG K50s Specs
Here are a few specs of the LG K50s:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm), Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue
- Dimension: 165.8 x 77.5 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM or Dual SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.5 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (wide) + 5 MP (ultra-wide) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Camera, [email protected] Video
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, PDAF, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 13 MP Camera, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, DTS: X Surround Sound
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: No