The LG W10 is the most affordable mid-range smartphone that was announced by the company this year. The smartphone was debuted alongside the LG W30 and the LG W30 Pro. It’s a little bit different in the design.
Where to Buy LG W10
However, the phone still maintains a modern body design with other features you will find on a budget device. It has a waterdrop notch with a combo camera set-up and also a fingerprint scanner for security.
LG W10 Key Specs & Features
- 6.19 inch IPS Display, 720 x 1512 pixels (271 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB inbuilt Storage, up to 256GB Memory Card
- 13 MP + 5 MP Dual Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- Face Unlock
- 4G LTE Network (Dual 4G VoLTE / ViLTE)
- 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Built with premium plastic, the LG W10 is looking attractive and impressive. The panel is smooth and clean housing the camera, an LED flash, a fingerprint scanner, and a branded logo.
It also sports a curved edge that adds a touch to the overall body design. It measures 156 x 76.2 x 8.5 mm in dimensions and weight 174 grams.
Unlike what we have on the W30, the LG W10 comes with a wide notch that hosts the front camera and other sensors. The bottom bezel is not that thick as it offers a display size of 6.19 inches with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen.
The screen has a resolution of 720 x 1512 pixels, a 19:9 ratio and 271 PPI density for clear visuals. Furthermore, it’s equipped with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and it has an 80.7% screen-to-body ratio.
On the camera, the LG W10 packs a combo camera that will take beautiful photos and videos. The camera features a 13 MP with an additional 5 MP depth sensor.
Both cameras have an LED flash, panorama, HDR and they can also shoot 1080p video quality at 30 seconds per frame.
For selfies and video calling, you will get a single shooter of 8 MP which is also paired with an LED flash for dark background shooting.
Hardware and Software
Underneath the phone is a Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 chipset based on 12 nm process technology.
The SOC comes with an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.0 GHz and it has PowerVR GE8320 GPU to take care of graphics and gaming.
The inbuilt storage is just an average. It’s the same thing you’ll find on the LG W30. The 32GB is paired with 3GB RAM for both gaming and multitasking.
If the memory is not enough, you can still expand it using a micro SD card up to 256GB. Booting the handset is Android 9.0 Pie operating system with the device user interface on top.
Battery and Network
The LG W10 has a non-removable battery capacity of 4000 mAh without fast charging technology. The juicer, however, should be able to last a full day when fully charged under normal usage.
LG W10 comes with dual SIM that has 4G LTE Network for fast browsing and downloads. Other connectivity options on the device include WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, FM radio, A-GPS, micro USB 2.0 with USB On-The-Go for file transfer and charging.
LG W10 Price and Availability
The LG W10 is now available at a price of $152. You can order it in Tulip Purple and Smokey Grey colors.
In Nigeria, the handset will cost around 56,000 Naira, while on Ghana, it will cost around 900 GHS and 16,000 KES in Kenya.
LG W10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the LG W10:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm), Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Tulip Purple, Smokey Grey
- Dimension: 156 x 76.2 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 164 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.19 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1512 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~271 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 5 MP (depth) Dual Camera, 1080p Video
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, PDAF, panorama, HDR, Bokeh mode
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes up to 256 GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: NO
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Video Playback: up to 18 hours
- Audio Playback: up to 118 hours
- Fast Charging: –