The Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 is now available for purchase in some European markets like Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Ukraine and a few more.
Where to Buy Huawei P Smart Pro 2019
The device is also expected to hit the Nigerian market and other African countries as well. It’s not a new phone but the rebadged version of Huawei Y9s which also comes as Honor 9X in some countries.
One of the interesting features of the Huawei P Smart Pro is the notch-less display, triple rear cameras, a pop-up selfie camera, and a side-facing fingerprint reader.
Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 Key Specs & Features
- 6.59-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (391 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-Core Hisilicon Kirin 710F CPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Inbuilt Storage, Micro SDcard up to 512GB
- 16 MP Popup Front Camera
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 10W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4,000 mAH Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
On the body, the Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 flaunts a nice and attractive body design. The phone comes with a smooth panel that houses the camera with an LED flash. It measures 163.1 x 77.2 x 8.8mm and it weighs 206 grams.
As for the back panel of the device, it’s made out of glass. It also features 21 layers of nano textures, the smartphone rear sports a smooth gradient appeal.
Just as mentioned, the fingerprint scanner is placed on the side which is not that bad at least, it gives the phone a unique touch.
On the front, the Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 has a 6.59-inch IPS LCD that produces a full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The device promises a screen-to-body ratio of 91 percent. It has display protection and the 391 PPI density will deliver clear visuals.
On the camera department, the Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 is equipped with a pop-up selfie camera of 16-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture. It has an LED flash on the back that enables the triple cameras to take nice shots even at night.
The rear camera system consists of a 48-megapixel main lens with f/1.8 aperture, a 120-degree ultrawide 8-megapixel sensor with f/2.2 aperture and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
The main camera comes with some internal features that include LED flash, HDR, panorama and it can shoot [email protected] video resolution as well as the front shooter.
Hardware and Software
On the hood, the Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 is blessed with a Hisilicon Kirin 710F chipset based on 12nm process technology.
The octa-core processor on the inside is handling it’s an assignment at a speed of 2.2 GHz, while the Mali-G51 MP4 GPU will take care of graphics related issues and gaming.
Powering the whole system is an Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box with EMUI 9.1 user interface on top. The internal storage on the device is 128GB with an ample RAM of 6GB for a smooth ride.
The memory is expandable via micro SD card up to 512GB that is if you’re willing to sacrifice the second SIM slot.
Battery and Network
The Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 packs a 4,000 mAh battery that supports 5V/2A charging. The connectivity options on the phone include dual SIM support, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, USB-C and 3.5mm audio jack.
Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 Price And Availability
Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 is expected at a price of around $360. It 2019 will be available in two color editions such as Midnight Black and Breathing Crystal.
In Nigeria, the Huawei P Smart Pro will sell for 130,500 Naira depending on your location.
Meanwhile, in Ghana, the device is expected to cost around 2,000 Ghs and 37,000 Ghs in Kenya. You can order it at any online leading store across the country.
Huawei P Smart Pro 2019 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei P Smart Pro 2019:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: 2.2 GHz Hisilicon Kirin 710F (2.2 quad-core GHz Cortex-A73 & 1.7 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Black, Breathing Crystal
- Dimension: 163.1 x 77.2 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 206 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.59-inch IPS LCD 1080 x 2340 pixels (391 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (depth sensor) Triple Camera, [email protected]fps Video
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, PDAF, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: Motorized Pop-up 16 MP Camera, HDR, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 10W Battery Charging Capacity