The Motorola Moto E6 Play is a low-end smartphone with a price tag that appeals to enthusiasts in the market for low-budget smartphones. In this article, we explore the Moto E6 Play specs and price, which will help you make that purchase decision.
Where to Buy Motorola Moto E6 Play
Moto E6 Play Key Features
- 5.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1440 pixels (295 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 13MP Rear Camera
- 5MP Front Camera
- Quad-core Mediatek MT6739 (28nm) Processor
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Inbuilt Storage Expandable via SDcard
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 3000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
In my opinion, the Moto E6 Play is weak in the design aspect. Despite being a mobile Phone released in 2019, the design of the Moto E6 strikes as being a blast from the past. By this I mean the kind of design we accepted in 2016 / 2017.
However, the design of the Moto E6 can be pardoned, due to the fact that its a low-end / low-cost smartphone. So having a subtle design like this could be a conscious effort to reduce cost.
Upfront on the Motorola Moto E6 Play, there is a 5.5 inch IPS display, with a resolution of 720 x 1440 and a screen density of 295 PPI. Surrounding this display are humongous bezels.
On the rear, there is a single camera system, the Motorola logo, and a capacitive fingerprint sensor.
The build of the Moto E6 Play comprises of plastic on the rear, plastic frame and glass upfront.
The Motorola Moto E6 Play offers two color variants. This Android Phone comes in Turquoise Blue and Anthracite.
The Moto E6 Play has one of the most subtle smartphone camera systems from 2019.
The rear camera system comprises of a single 13MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera system lets you shoot photos in HDR, Panorama and also shoot videos capped at [email protected]
The selfie camera on the Moto E6 Play is a 5MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera is capable of taking photos in HDR and also shoot 1080p videos with frame rates capped at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Moto E6 Play is a mid-range smartphone, packed with specs design for less power-intensive tasks. By this, I mean surfing the internet with less than 4 tabs open, playing low-end games and lots more.
It features a Quad-core Mediatek MT6739 processor and a PowerVR GE8100 GPU.
The smartphone also features 2GB of RAM, 32GB of eMMC 5.1 internal storage, with support for storage expansion via Micro SD.
The Motorola Moto E6 Play houses a non-removable 3000mAh Li-Po battery. There isn’t any fast-charge mechanism here.
The Moto E6 Play features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a micro USB 2.0 port, and Bluetooth 4.2.
Internet connectivity on the Moto E6 play is capped at 4G LTE as there is no 5G support on this smartphone.
Motorola Moto E6 Play Price And Availability
The price of the Motorola Moto E6 Play is around $104, which is around 37,596 Naira, 569 GHC, and 10,436 Kenyan shillings.
The Moto E6 was released in November 2019 and is currently available for purchase in stores.
Motorola Moto E6 Play Specs
Here are a few specs of the Moto E6 Play
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 (Mediatek MT6739)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8100
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Turquoise Blue, Anthracite
- Dimension: 146.5 x 70.9 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 140 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS LCD 720 x 1440 pixels (295 PPI)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Camera, f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: MicroUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, LTEPP, SUPL
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –