The Motorola One Macro is a new smartphone that was announced in India following the Motorola One Action. This is another proof that Motorola India has been consistently working hard to expand its Motorola One family.
Well, just as the Motorola One Action was dedicated to Action camera this Macro was also dedicated to Macro vision. Apart from that, the device has exciting features such as a waterdrop notch display, a big battery, and a capable SOC. Did I forget to mention that this is an Android One entry-level device?
Motorola One Action Key Specs & Features
- 6.2-inch IPS LCD Max Vision Display, 720 x 1520 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 CPU
- 64GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 4GB RAM
- 13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 10W Fast Charging
- 4,000 mAh Li-Po Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
In terms of body design, the Motorola One Action is built to be premium and classic. The device features a poly carbonate rear, while the front is made of glass.
It has a smooth panel that houses the camera, an LED flash and also a fingerprint scanner beneath the branded logo. It measures 157.6 x 75.4 x 9 mm in dimensions and weighs 186 grams. The phone is also splash resistant.
On the front, the Motorola One Macro has a 6.2-inch IPS LCD Max Vision display that gives a tall aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and HD+ resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. The device promises a higher screen-to-body ratio of 82 percent and also scratch-resistant display protection.
The Motorola One Macro packs a triple rear camera system. The primary camera of 13-megapixel has an f/2.0 aperture and a pixel size of 1.2micron. It’s capable of shooting 60fps full HD videos and 120fps slow-motion footages.
Next is a 2-megapixel macro lens with a pixel size of 1.75micron that can capture shots as close as 2cm with a bokeh effect.
Lastly is a depth sensor of 2-megapixel for portrait shots. The main camera features include a dual-LED flash coupled with a laser autofocus system. On the front side is an 8-megapixel selfie camera with an aperture rating of f/2.2.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood is a MediaTek Helio P70 chipset that includes 2.0GHz octa-core processor and Mali-G72 MP3 graphics with 4GB RAM for a smooth performance.
The device comes with a native inbuilt storage of 64GB. The hybrid SIM slot on the phone is for adding a microSD card.
The Motorola One Macro runs on Android One version of Android 9 Pie OS which means an upgrade to the latest Android 10 is on the way. It also will be provided with security updates for two years by Google.
Battery and Network
The Motorola One Macro has a bigger battery capacity of 4000 mAh that can be charged through USB-C supports 10W charging. The manufacturer claims that the battery can last for 2 days on a single charge.
Other features available on the device includes a dual SIM support, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and 3.5mm audio jack.
Motorola One Macro Price and Availability
The Motorola One Action is now available for purchase at a price of $194. In Nigeria, the device will cost around 70,000 Naira. You can order the phone in Space Blue color.
Motorola One Macro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola One Macro:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Processor: Mediatek MT6771 Helio P70 (12nm), Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Space Blue
- Dimension: 157.6 x 75.4 x 9 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD Max Vision Display, 720 x 1520 pixels
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 2 MP (dedicated macro camera) + 2 MP depth sensor, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8 MP, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: MicroSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Battery charging 10W