The ZTE Nubia Z20 packs in high-end specs in a not so regular chassis. Similar to the Vivio Nex dual display edition smartphone, it is one of the few Android phones that features a dual display. In this article, we explore the ZTE Nubia Z20 specs and price.
Where to Buy ZTE Nubia Z20
ZTE Nubia Z20 Key Specs & Features
- 6.42 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 X 2340 pixels (Primary Display)
- 5.1 inches AMOLED Display, 720 x 1520 pixels (Secondary Display)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Nubia UI 7
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ Processor
- 6GB RAM or 8GB RAM
- 128GB or 512GB built-in storage, with No support for MicroSD
- 48MP + 8MP + 16MP Triple Rear Camera
- 4G LTE
- 3900 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- 27W Fast Battery Charging
The Design and Display
The ZTE Nubia Z20 features a nearly all-screen design. The front and rear of the smartphone have screen occupying a majority of the real estate.
Despite not having the thinnest bezeless on any smartphone, featuring a dual-display on the ZTE Nubia Z20 helped ZTE achieve a near bezeless screen upfront.
The Absence of cameras on the front of the smartphone has gone a long way in reducing the bezels space occupied by front cameras on mobile Phones. This way ZTE didn’t have to make provision for laser cutouts or pop-up cameras.
The frontal display on the ZTE Nubia Z20 is a 6.42 inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340.
A Secondary Display
If you read the above paragraph carefully, you will observe I used the word frontal. This is due to the fact that the ZTE Nubia Z20 actually has two displays. A primary display upfront and a secondary display on the rear.
The secondary display on the rear of the ZTE Nubia Z20 is a 5.1-inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels.
This display was designed to primarily let users use the triple rear camera system for selfies. The idea is very simple. Want to take selfies? All you have to do is turn the phone over to the rear side and use the rear display as a viewfinder to see what you are capturing.
The presence of an array of triple cameras on the rear of the ZTE Nubia Z20 reduces the chance of having thing bezels. Having a smartphone as tall as 6.42 inches and having a 5.1-inch display indicates the presence of larger bezels.
Unless you are very obsessed with a rear display, you are going to spend more time starring at the front display, which means big bezels on the rear shouldn’t bother you that much.
Aside from being a viewfinder for taking selfies, the rear display on the ZTE Nubia Z20 is capable of doing a majority of the tasks you perform on the frontal display. These tasks include playing music, games etcetera.
In order to improve ergonomics when using the rear display, the ZTE Nubia Z20 features dual power buttons. There is one on the left and another on the right.
The ZTE Nubia Z20 offers dual color options, which may end up being a dilemma for some people. The ZTE Nubia Z20 comes in Twilight Blue and Diamond black.
How Durable is the ZTE Nubia Z20?
When it comes to durability, there is a lot to bother about here. Having dual displays makes the smartphone fragile.
However, the build of the ZTE Nubia Z20 comprises Gorilla Glass 5 upfront, Gorilla Glass 5 on the rear and an aluminum frame.
The ZTE Nubia Z20 has just one camera system. By this I mean there is nothing like the rear or front-facing camera. Its triple camera system serves the purpose of a rear camera and a front-facing camera.
This camera system features a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, an 8MP telephoto camera the 3x optical zoom, aperture of f/2.4 and a 16MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
With this camera system, you can shoot 4k videos @30 and 60fps, shot 1080p videos at 30 and 60fps and also shoot 720p videos with frame rates up to 1920fps for slow motion. This camera also lets you shoot stills in HDR and Panorama.
Hardware and Software
Aside from having a head-turning design, the ZTE Nubia Z20 packs in powerful specs, the kind of power designed to take on power-intensive tasks.
The smartphone features an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor and an Adreno 640 GPU.
It also features 6GB or 8GB RAM, 128GB or 512GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage. Please note that the ZTE Nubia Z20 doesn’t have a Micro-SD slot for storage expansion.
The smartphone is also home to a Non-Removable 3900mAh Li-Po Battery.
On the software side, the ZTE Nubia Z20 runs the Nubia UI 7 on top of the Android 9 (Pie) operating system.
The ZTE Nubia Z20 features a USB Type-C port, dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0. Please note that the ZTE Nubia Z20 doesn’t feature a headphone jack.
Internet connectivity on the ZTE Nubia Z20 prime is capped at 4G LTE as there is no 5G support on this device.
ZTE Nubia Z20 Price and Availability
The price of the ZTE Nubia Z20 is around $536.49, which is about 197,477 Naira, 2,942.65 GHC, and 53,863 Kenyan shillings.
The ZTE Nubia was released in August 2019 and is currently available for purchase.
ZTE Nubia Z20 Specs
Here are a few specs of the ZTE Nubia Z20
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); Nubia UI 7
- Processor: Octa-core 2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 2.42 GHz Tri-core Kryo 485 & 1.78 GHz Quad-core Kryo 485 (Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB RAM or 8GB RAM
- Colours: Twilight Blue, Diamond Black
- Dimension: 158.6 x 75.3 x 9 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.42 inches, AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (Primary display) + 5.1 inches, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels (Secondary Display)
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (wide) f/1.7 + 8MP (telephoto) f/2.4 + 16MP (ultrawide) f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Front Camera: Uses main cameras
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 30(2300), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3900 mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-Removable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 27W fast battery charging