The LG Q51 features hardware and chassis design combo that characterizes it as a low end smartphone. It features smartphone hardware designed for performing tasks that are not power intensive. In this article, we explore the LG Q51 specs and price.
Where to Buy LG Q51
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
LG Q51 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels (259 ppi)
- Android 10.0
- 3GB RAM
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 Processor
- 32GB built-in storage, with Support for Micro-SD Card
- 13MP + 5MP + 2MP Triple Camera
- 13MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint sensor (Rear-Mounted)
- 4000mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
Design and Display
The LG Q51 features a very simple design, with no headline breaking feature. It’s one of those recently released smartphones that doesn’t follow the latest trend on smartphones. a fact that facilitated by its presence in the low-cost circle.
On the rear, there is a horizontal array of triple cameras and a camera flash. Below this camera setup is a capacitive fingerprint sensor and the LG moniker branding, which indicates it’s an LG smartphone.
upfront is a 6.5 inch IPS LCD display with a teardrop notch housing a selfie camera. this display has a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 and a screen density of 295 PPI.
This display is a far cry from being bezeless at all. Chunky bezeless surrounds the display. Something could only be accepted from a smartphone in the low-end / low-budget circle.
The camera hardware on the LG Q51 may not be in mid-range to the high-end league, but it does offer one of the most powerful cameras in the low-end mobile phone category.
It does a good job offering enthusiasts with capable camera hardware despite the constraints. You have got triple cameras on the rear and a single front-facing camera.
The triple camera system on the LG Q51 comprises a 13MP wide camera, a 5MP ultrawide camera and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
This setup is capable of capturing photos in Panorama, HDR and also shoot videos capped at 1080p 30fps.
The LG Q51 makes use of a 13MP camera for selfies. This camera is also capable of shooting photos in HDR and also videos capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Making the decision to purchase an Android smartphone in this category means you are settling for smartphone hardware that isn’t capable of handling power-intensive tasks.
Although the LG Q51 isn’t the most basic Android smartphone out there, it is no performance champion, locked in its chassis is a specs combo designed for tasks that are not power intensive.
Powering this smartphone is an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor, a PowerVR GE8320 GPU, a 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage with support for storage expansion and a non-removable 4000mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, you have got LG interface running on the Android 10.0 operating system.
The LG Q51 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G LTE, as there isn’t 5G support. Downloads and uploads are limited to 4G speeds.
LG Q51 Price and Availability
The LQ51 price is around $268 which is about 98,356 Naira, 28,003 Kenyan Shilling and 1,542 Ghana Cedi.
The LG Q51 was announced on February 25, 2020, and is currently available for purchase. It comes in Frozen White and Moonlight Titanium
LG Q51 Specs
Here are a few specs of the LG Q51:
- Platform: Android 10.0
- Processor: Octa-core Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 Processor
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Frozen White, Moonlight Titanium
- Dimension: 169.3 x 77.6 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.5-inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1520 Pixels, 259 ppi
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Wide) + 5MP (Ultrawide) + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 13MP, HDR, 1080p @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, MicroSDXC (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- 5G: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –