LG has just announced a smartphone in its home country South Korea. The device is the LG Q61. This is not entirely a new device as it’s the rebranded version of the LG K61 that was launched earlier this year in February. LG Q61 features a 6.53-inch display and four rear cameras.
Where to Buy LG Q61
The phone comes with a punch-hole display and an impressive 48 MP quad cameras.
LG Q61 Key Specs & Features
- 6.53 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~394 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB Built-in Storage up to 2TB Memory Card
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 5 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
On the body, the Smartphone packs a nice panel that is likely built with an aluminum alloy while the front features a glass. The panel is not just a home to the quad cameras and an LED flash but it’s also housing the fingerprint scanner.
It has curved edges that will make its stay firm on any palm. It measures 164.5 x 77.5 x 8.3 mm in dimensions with MIL-STD-810G compliant.
The LG Q61 has a display size of a 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel. You will find the punch-hole positioned at the upper-left corner of its display. The screen carries support for Full HD+ resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It also has a Scratch-resistant glass and 82.1% screen-to-body ratio.
As for the camera set-up, the maker equipped the phone with a total number of five cameras. Selfies lovers will get a front-facing camera of 16-megapixel.
While the primary camera consists of a 48-megapixel main lens, an 8-megapixel ultrawide sensor, a 2-megapixel macro shooter, a 5-megapixel depth sensor paired with an LED flash. The camera also features panorama, HDR and it can record 2K video resolution.
Hardware and Software
Underneath the phone is a modest MediaTek Helio P35 chipset present. Meanwhile, the 12nm SoC is accompanied by 4 GB of RAM which will ensure smooth performance.
While the octa-core processor is handling it’s an assignment at a speed of 2.3 GHz with PowerVR GE8320 for graphics. On paper, it has 64GB of inbuilt storage and you will also get a dedicated microSD card slot on the phone for more storage.
Battery and Network
The LG Q61 has a 4000 mAh which we mostly find on budget phones these days. The battery lacks fast charging but won’t take time to full with the right charger.
It comes with Android 9.0 Pie preinstall, hopefully, an update to Android 10 and Android 11 is on the way. It also has Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC for payment, GPS for location, and USB-C.
Apart from the fingerprint scanner, there is a dedicated hardware button for accessing the Google Assistant feature. It has 3.5mm audio jack and it supports DTS:X 3D Surround technology for the best entertainment pleasure.
LG Q61 Price and Availability
The LG Q61 comes with a price tag of 369,600 KRW in South Korea which is about $299. The sale will begin this month May 29 and many go global.
In Nigeria, the LG Q61 is expected to sell at a price of 125,000 Naira, 1,900 Ghs in Ghana, and 35,000 Ksh in Kenya.
LG Q61 Specs
Here are a few specs of the LG Q61:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Processor: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm), Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Titanium, White, Blue
- Dimension: 164.5 x 77.5 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 191 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.53 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~394 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 5 MP (depth), [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Built-in Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infra Blaster: No
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: No