The Motorola Moto G8 Power improves on the Moto G7 Power, offering a package that appears to be one of the best under $200. In comparison, you have got an improved display, a faster processor, an improved camera system, and an improved chassis design. In addition, you also get a very awesome battery performance.
Motorola Moto G8 Power Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2300 pixels, 399 PPI
- Android 10.0
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Built-in Storage
- 16 MP + 8 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Rear-mounted)
- Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
Comparing the Motorola Moto G8 Power to its predecessor, you get an improved design void of some features that made its predecessor look so much like a budget smartphone.
Don’t get it twisted, the Moto G8 Power does look like a budget smartphone that it is, the difference here is that its design tuned down its budget title a bit.
For starters, you have shrunken bezels. The absence of the signature Motorola branding on its bottom bezel made its chin less chunky.
Motorola also ditched the notch system this year and went on to feature a punch-hole camera on the display. Making this move made the front panel cleaner and also facilitated a reduced top bezel.
Speaking about display, the Moto G8 Power features a 6.4 inch IPS LCD display, which is slightly bigger than the 6.2-inch display we saw on its predecessor. Aside from being bigger, this display also has 1080p resolution which outweighs the 720p display on its predecessor.
Flipping over to get rearview, we discover an array of quad cameras, a camera flash, and a capacitive fingerprint sensor which is also home to the Motorola mascot.
The Motorola Moto G8 Power takes its things up a notch. It comes packed with 5 cameras, as opposed to its predecessor, which had just two cameras. This increase in cameras comes with a lot of new features.
The rear camera system on this Android phone is home to a 16MP primary camera, an 8MP telephoto camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera, and a 2MP macro camera.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting 4k videos at 30fps, 1080p videos at 30/60fps and also 720p videos. You also get HDR and Panoroma for photos.
Selfies are manned by a single 16MP camera, which is also capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps and also take photos in HDR.
Hardware and Software
The Motorola Moto G8 power contains the mid-range smartphone, with an upscale in hardware, with the major upgrade being its processor.
Packed in this mobile phone is an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Processor, an Adreno 610 GPU, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, the Motorola Moto G8 power runs its user-interface on top of the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Motorola Moto G8 power features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G LTE. This means downloads, streaming, and uploading are limited to 4G speeds since there isn’t 5G support.
Motorola Moto G8 Power Pricing and Availability
The price of the Motorola Moto G8 power is around $249.99, which is about 97,377 Naira, 26,813 Kenyan shillings, and 1,450 Ghana Cedi.
The Motorola Moto G8 Power was announced on February 7, 2020, and is currently available for purchase. It comes in Smoke Black and Capri Blue.
Motorola Moto G8 Power Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto G8 Power:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Smoke Black, Capri Blue
- Dimension: 156 x 75.8 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 197 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.4-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2300 Pixels, 399 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (wide) f/1.7 + 8MP (Telephoto) f/2.2 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/1.5 Quad Cameras
- Rear Camera Features: HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected] (gyro-EIS)
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900-
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with Stereo Speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: -Yes, 15W